The mkiv Supra Owners Club

anyone please?

broomie

had my head gasket done on my 1994 n/a the garage sent the head off to be pressure tested & skimmed it all came back fine so i instructed the garage to fit the new head gasket and put it all back together. all back together fine, but the cooling systems still pressurising. theres got to be a crack in the head somewhere surely or is there anything else that could be causing this?

does anyone no any places/any one i can get a head from?

new or recon!

Cheers

Right pressurising the system i take it u mean it gets hot an spits out the water this can be for a few reasons.

The first is the water pump not working properly.

The thermostat not opening all the way.

The water system got airlocks in it can do it.

The fan not kicking in.

The rad cap not holding up to the pressure.

what kind of pressure should they pressurise to?? in bar?

Well I think the standard rad cap is 0.9 bar (near 15psi), and I'm pretty sure thats the norm on most cars,

i think they mean exhaust fumes are still getting into the cooling system!

:blink:

I would replace the rad cap first mate. I got the HG done on my TT, dont know if it actually needed now, the rad cap seemed to nearly sort it out. The rad had clogged up in the centre on mine too.

See Nic about the rad cap, he is the boy!

i had a new rad and rad cap put on it about 1000miles ago so i dont think it will be that

The rad cap would only need replacing if it wasnt holdin the pressure this is not the case then so cap is fine. U can get the rad itself flow checked to see if its blocked because this will cause the same problem as your havin.

Because the top hose is getting hard its not your thermostat so rule that out.