The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How many people carry a fire extinguisher

Wez

You better believe that I do !!!

If I had one on the day my Soarer went up then I could have just had some damage to hoses ect. instead of loosing the whole front end by the time the fire service showed up. Which was quite fast to be honest, it felt like forever but in all actuality it was probably more like 5-10 minutes.

Needless to say I carry one in the Orange beast. I did think about getting an engine bay fire suppression kit but then I had visions of a fire starting elsewhere in the car and me standing there holding my dick in my hand. :)

I have a Halfrauds unit myself, it normally just floats around on the back seat as I never got round to mounting it :D

Get it fixed ASAP. A mate fractured his bone dome when he had to do an emergency stop in his works van. The extinguisher shot through the mesh and bounced off his cranium and exited out through the rectangular window. Then as he slipped into the land of Nod he ended driving into the back of the car he was trying to avoid and got a face load of air bag!:slapped:

Get it fixed ASAP. A mate fractured his bone dome when he had to do an emergency stop in his works van. The extinguisher shot through the mesh and bounced off his cranium and exited out through the rectangular window. Then as he slipped into the land of Nod he ended driving into the back of the car he was trying to avoid and got a face load of air bag!:slapped:

Ouch :blink:

I am working on the motor this weekend hopefully.

Yeah, I got one as soon as I did any mods to the car.

Lives in the cockpit area clipped onto the front of my seat, I've reached for it a few times during setup, smoke and things..

As far as engine supression system, hell I'd consider it in a heartbeat. Anybody actually looked at prices on the systems?

Seems like a useful mod to me...

Yeah, I got one as soon as I did any mods to the car.

Lives in the cockpit area clipped onto the front of my seat, I've reached for it a few times during setup, smoke and things..

As far as engine supression system, hell I'd consider it in a heartbeat. Anybody actually looked at prices on the systems?

Seems like a useful mod to me...

Not too bad...

Have a look here, mind you Demon tweeks is not the cheapest place to get this sort of thing but good for spec comparisons

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductList.asp?cls=MSPORT&grp=MC027&pgrp=M019&tlgrp=MS005

I've got one - bought it for a track day a while back and had it floating around, so lives behind the passenger seat (as that's about all that tiny space could handle!).

Seen a few cars on fire so it's to protect my own and maybe help someone out if I see someone with a problem.

Another of those 'should I tempt fate' threads.

At the moment, other than a weak bladder full of tea, I'm not really ready for summat like this. Even if you dont need it (and I hope you dont) tis a good idea to have one in the car in case a fellow non BMW driving motorist has a fire.

I had a fire training day a few years back.

The "fireman" (note he wasn't really a fireman, just some guy who went around selling extinguishers) told us that basically, if you had a fire that was anything more than a waste-paper bin fire, then don't even bother trying to put it out with the type of extinguishers you'll have kicking about in the office.

So I can only assume, that given that any fire you're going to have on the car is going to be fuelled by either oil, or petrol, that the tiny little extinguishers that you can buy for your car, are going to be like pissing on a bush fire. Hence I've not bothered to get one.