The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello all

Guest MNuTz

Hi all,

Well ive been a little research into Supras for a friend and i think ive also found my next car.

Im currently a member of the Corrado forum and i own 2 VW Corrado 1.8 16v (one i wrote off swerving to avoid a dog and im planning on rebuilding it and the 2nd is my run around). I also oen a VW Corrado G60 that was going to be my main project.

However, im think of keeping the G60 as the run around, selling the 2 1.8s and getting myself a mk4 3.0TT manual supra.

Im going to go and read as many of your FAQs and guides as possible now, but wanted to say hello :D

Just a quick question regarding imports, how common are they and is there any easy way to tell?

Thanks

Stu

Welcome!

Most Supes around are imports as so few were made for the UK market (rocking horse droppings spring to mind). The UK cars have bonnet scoops, headlight washers (the "horns") and different rear light clusters - they're the easiest ways to visually spot a UK car, but mechanically there's a multitude of differences - you'll find them all in the FAQ guides on here.

Good luck with the search, and whatever you get in the end will be fun!

welcome mate.

i've got a mate who is on the corrado forum as well, he's got a VR6.

you could certainly do a lot worse than your G60 for a runaround but a TT supra is just on another level imo.

go for it!

well thanks for all the hellos :D

Im currently trying to talk the missus into letting me take a loan out but it isnt going to well :( :p

yeah, the G60 is nice, its been off the road for the last 8 months while it gets a make over. Needs new hoses, brakelines, the works really. I figured id use the G60 for commuting or in really bad weather and a supra for 'pleasure'.

Other than a 600BHP rally car (for a day) ive never driven anything with this much power so i think a track day and tutoring will be in order first :D