The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello from Danish guy with Supra tt project

Guest JesperDJ

Guest JesperDJ

Hi

Im a guy from denmark who has been driving Toyotas for over 10 years now.. (Corolla, MR2 Turbo, Celica, and now Supra)

I have bought a Japanese Supra MKIV N/A for the price of 5350USD + tax (wich is 10000USD in denmark!!), it is in good condition, but it needs some minor attention regardring the brakes, exhaust and interior.. but thats no problem..

My plan is to make a total engine swap, from 2JZGE to 2JZGTE, with all what that requires.. - ECU, wire, drivertrain etc..

I know that it is a huge job, but in denmark cars are very expensive, as you see i got my Supra VERY cheap for appr. 5250USD (normally sold for 10-11000USD i denmark), and besides the 5250USD i have to pay tax, wich is appr. 10000USD..

If i had bought a TT from the beginning i would have to pay more than 17000USD i tax + the car, wich is appr. 22000USD in denmark..

So.. all in all it is cheaper to make the swap here..

Well al I wan´t to say is: I am very happy that i found this forum, it gives me the opportunity to ask questions regarding my Jap-Supra, and especially the tech-download section is really really great!!

So; Hello all, and nice to meet you :)

Best Regards

Jesper from Denmark

:welcome: Jesper,

I was working In Denmark between August and November 2006 and it got a little cold towards the end of my stay.

I only ever saw one MkIII Supra for my entire time there and that was seen in Copenhagen. I didn't even think there was a Jap-car scene over there? I stand corrected mate

Welcome buddy:)

Guest JesperDJ

Thanx everybody..

@Andrew, cool that you worked in DK.. well actually there is between 5 and 10 LHD Supras MKIV i DK and between 15 and 20 RHD Supras MKIV in DK..

Most of them can be seen here:

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_alle.asp?PostPW=65040225&formsort=%E5rgang+DESC&brand=Toyota&formsearch=supra

Including my project:

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.asp?ID=77395

- I know it looks poor.. but when im finished, im having a Supra TT for only 1/3 of the regular price..

- Who is laughing now ;)

A nice selection of Supra's there Jesper

The best thing about DK is the females I'm afraid to say. They seem to love the English accent and English manners and they are really gorgeous to look at.

I can recall in Copenhagen watching hundreds of lovely young blonde woman cycle by on their way to work.

Thinking about it now, what the hell am I doing in the UK:blink:

Guest JesperDJ

AAHAHAH.. yea.. i agree.. there is a lot of gorgeous females.. unfortunately they love all other accents than Danish ;)

..but i can tell you, what you are doing in UK..

- running cheap cars.. remember we have to pay almost 4 times as much as you do...

..but i can tell you, what you are doing in UK..

- running cheap cars.. remember we have to pay almost 4 times as much as you do...

I know mate and I was horrified to discover that fact.

What is it again: 180% Government tax on top of the value of the car and then 25% VAT or something like that.

You could publish a few pics of Danish woman to show what us guys are missing out on Jesper:)

Guest JesperDJ

hehe.. yea right.. a 5sec look at the supra, and then all night looking at the girls.. ;)

But besides that, i know that someone from UK is taking the trip to DK once every year, to something called EuroSupraMeet or so?

- havent been there yet myself..

Is there anyone from this forum?

Only 5 and 39?? How the hell did you decide??

I was like a kid in a candy store... I want that, that, that, that that, oh and that................

Roadtrip, sounds insteresting...

And welcome

After my stint in Denmark last year I got used to the female selection:blink: NOT:blink:

I don't honestly think those links to the Danish girls justice and they simply love English guys and their accents.

I have a UK pal who has now lived there for 12 years and he is married to a stunner - she really is amazing and he's loosing his hair and fairly pig ugly!

Perhaps we should organise a forum trip to go and see Jesper eh!!

Plenty of cheap parts for sale in here, so you wont be long making your supra a bit special. Spend you money on engine, brakes, suspension etc, and forget the awful bling crap.

Mate, catch up:) - we're talking about blonde chicks now. The Supra stuff is old news.

I think Jesper has more to offer us by way of blonde female contacts, than what we have to offer him:eyebrows: