The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone else have this draught?

Jake

I've never seen it mentioned on here but there's something that really bugs me about Supras. When you're driving along with the driver's window open slightly, just a few cm, there's a terrible draught coming into the car from the door lever (the lever you pull to open the door when you want to get out).

I've had three Supras and they've all done it. How come nobody else has ever mentioned it?! :conf:

Nice that you mention this Jake... I have had this since I bought the car. It's been annoying me for the last 3 years!

I'd assume it was an issue with the plastic sheet that seals to the inside of the door frame but after very securely sealing it to the frame it still did it...

I'd concluded it was just caused by some suction caused by drawing air into the door card area from where the window normally sits (in between the fabric door card seal and the rubber outer seal). It's difficult to explain but I don't have my supra with me to take a pic of what I mean :(

I've noticed a terrible draught also. Definately more prominent when the roofs off.

Sorry, my mistake, I should have mentioned that I was referring to the heterosexual models of Supra not the Aerotops.

Does the breeze make your medallions rattle together?

I get this but again, only if a window is open. There must be an air channel through the door handles but it's only apparent when the cabin pressure is lower than external pressure, i.e. the window is open and you are moving. Hmmm.

Jake - your mission is to fix this and report back :D

-Ian