The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you wish you had ?????

markjodrell

Regarding people defending there own cars....

What do you think of this.

I think that everybody who buys an N/A deep down wishes they had gone for a TT, although publically deny it.

In the same way everyone who gets an auto deep down wished they had saved a bit harder and gone for a manual TT, but still praise the auto and deny wanting a manual.

Where does that leave the guys who brought an auto N/A ??

Just a thought:search:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the assumption about N/A owners really wanting a TT is based on the fact that they bought the N/A because they couldn't really afford the TT.

I bought an N/A because I wanted an N/A and I'm still glad I bought an N/A. If I'd wanted a TT, I'd have bought a TT.

I originally bought an N/A auto (well didn't buy, i swapped my scoob for it).

Now i'm waiting for a 6speed TT from Japan. The main reasons for swapping were, the N/A was too slow, and i thought that if i go for a TT then a may as well do it properly and have the best i can i.e. a manual.

This is the big debate I have. I started out and in my naivety wanted an manual aerotop.:rolleyes: Then found out they didn't make one!! Then an auto is fine!!

I have had everyman and his dog tell me that i'll regret getting an NA. I now have funds for a TT but i'm not sure if I want one. The thought of massive bills if a turbo fails and the power frightens the shit out of me!! Today I lost control (sort of)in a 2L Diesel Mondeo round a roundabout at about 60 leptons. I do drive a car hard on an open stretch of road and I think an NA will have less chance of killing me!!

Why would I want a TT? Am I bothered about the extra second to 60? NO :blink:

Or am I missing the point completely!!

H.

At the moment i have an MR2 and i think most people that own the NA version of that are exactly the same. Most of the time its down to age/insurance IMO.

I wouldn't buy an N/A now as tubbys are far too much fun. I wouldn't buy an Auto as i don't want to get lazy regardless of how well i have heard they drive. Its not because i think the auto's are rubbish its because i simply want to drive manually.

The best is a UK TT with 6 Speed box. If you prefer the N/A fair enough but take insurance, cost etc out of the equation and give a reason why. I think it would be hard.

Scott =op

Interesting replies folks.

I wasnt criticising anybodys car here , at the end of the day you pays your money and you takes your choice.

After all it is a forum and its good to see peoples opinions.

As somebody said in an earlier thread posted today, there are no daft questions only DAFT answers ;)

I think that everybody who buys an N/A deep down wishes they had gone for a TT, although publically deny it.

In the same way everyone who gets an auto deep down wished they had saved a bit harder and gone for a manual TT, but still praise the auto and deny wanting a manual.

Where does that leave the guys who brought an auto N/A ??

Nope, I wanted a late reg supe and an aerotop, this left me with the NA. It wasn't a question of cost as I could have had a older TT for what I paid and could have "upgraded" several times over the 4 years I've owned my car. But I love my car and cannot see me changing it, I considered the NA-T a couple of years ago and realised it would change what I love about the car. So, why change?

Not that this is another auto vs manual , but ive had a 98 VVTI 6sp, sold it and then bought an auto, because I wanted an auto. So no, i dont wish id saved a little harder...