The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie question

Scott

I've been reading quite a few threads now and i keep coming across this "BPU". I've noticed if i move my curser over it there is a brief explination but could someone maybe go into a bit of detail for me as its confusing when reading some threads.

Thanks

Scott =op

I could try and give you my opinions on what makes a perfect BPU Supe, but mines mechanically stock as stock can be, so I'd be making it all up :p Plus being under 25, the insurers would have a field day with my money for a BPU Supe :(

I've read a few threads from people having just gone BPU and they all say that the car is more responsive and obviously pulls even more like a train than they do stock. I think they're plenty quick enough as they come, but given it's got 200bhp more :eyebrows: than anything I've driven before, that's not surprising :D

I've read a few threads from people having just gone BPU and they all say that the car is more responsive and obviously pulls even more like a train than they do stock. I think they're plenty quick enough as they come, but given it's got 200bhp more :eyebrows: than anything I've driven before, that's not surprising :D

A stock car seems slow after driving a BPU one.

Infact you get so used to it that the BPU car isn't that exhilarating anymore.

But when you get in normal car it feels as though it's broken.

So i could class my MR2 as being BPU? De-cat, FCD, boost turned up etc? If the differene in the sup is the same as a standard MR2 to one with those simple mods it must be unreal. Not just in BHP but the torque and spool up time.

Scott =op

So i could class my MR2 as being BPU? De-cat, FCD, boost turned up etc? If the differene in the sup is the same as a standard MR2 to one with those simple mods it must be unreal. Not just in BHP but the torque and spool up time.

Scott =op

Pretty much fella. Considering the relatively small financial outlay for BPU the increase in power is awesome (70-80 bhp).

What kind of power do you get on the MR2 Turbo with the same mods?

I've sold my TT to go travelling but when I come back I was looking into getting either a Gen 6 GT4 or a Rev3 MR2 Turbo.

Depending on how much cash I have left! ;)

Pretty much fella. Considering the relatively small financial outlay for BPU the increase in power is awesome (70-80 bhp).

What kind of power do you get on the MR2 Turbo with the same mods?

I've sold my TT to go travelling but when I come back I was looking into getting either a Gen 6 GT4 or a Rev3 MR2 Turbo.

Depending on how much cash I have left! ;)

Its all guestimates with my car as i have never RR'd it. Speaking to the guys on IMOC they reckoned i should have anywhere between 260 and 280bhp at the flywheel but there is only really one way to tell. Mines is a Rev2 and a healthy one of those standard on optimax should have 220bhp so there is a possible 60bhp increase.

I'm pretty sure with a rev3 you can easily hit the 300 horses mark without breaking the bank. As with all cars, its when you want to cross that line it becomes costly. Its a better turbo and you are starting from 240 instead of 220 thanks to the better ECU and larger injectors.

Scott =op

I live near glasgow, place called larkhall.

Yeah its my no.1 option at the moment. Will be a while though as i've got a lot of money going out at the moment but at the end of the year i'll probably sell up, add a bit of dough and be on the lookout.

Cheers

Scott =op

A stock car seems slow after driving a BPU one.

Infact you get so used to it that the BPU car isn't that exhilarating anymore.

But when you get in normal car it feels as though it's broken.

I've been told I'll get used to it stock and be craving more, but that's yet to happen. I can see if happening though if I'm completely honest....

If any of you guys with a BPU happens to live down south and is planning on going to the Basingstoke meet on Sunday, I'll be after a ride to see the difference :p

I live near glasgow, place called larkhall.

Yeah its my no.1 option at the moment. Will be a while though as i've got a lot of money going out at the moment but at the end of the year i'll probably sell up, add a bit of dough and be on the lookout.

Cheers

Scott =op

Yea i know where Larkhall is, one of my work mates lives in that area. If you wana ride/shot in a BPU car give us a shout.