The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AE86 VS MKIV SUPRA whats your oppinion?

H7ERO

Seeing as they cost about the same as as a MKiv supra what do you think about the fact that a japanese car enthusiast may want one of these over your supra!

A technical master-piece by toyota?

A Legendary Handler that will take your supra on the outside through the corners?

The car you really wanted but were too ashamed to buy?

OR

An early 80s over priced rust bucket?

Id love to hear your FULL oppinions on the matter . . . . .

Traders / importers why not stock your warehouses / fourcourts with AE86s / parts? is there a market or is it all hype?

Would you buy one as your next car?

thanks in advance!

The AE86 is definately only going to be for the hardcore jap car fans, I'd have one but I've seen the prices they go for and they aint cheap, but would be fun, tbh I wouldnt pick one over the supra or many other jap cars but I think they would be a cool track project car or 2nd car and being the age they are they will need a lot of money spent on keeping them in good condition.

I hope to drive one this year.

Most live over here, but are as common as muck, and spend most of thier lives going round in circles in carparks (diffing)

They are a nice car, but lets face it, they dont come close to a Supra. You pay big Bucks for a mk2 rs2000 or mexico aswell, though the Drift scene and Jap influence from Initial D jave give the AE86 a place in the history books.

One of the best examples over here is Stevie Holingers, Carbon Fibre where ever possible and an engine to Die for. The guy eats and sleeps these cars and has done for 20 years.

http://jon44w.com/images/events/2006/200609090900/0082.jpg

http://jon44w.com/images/events/2006/200609090900/0083.jpg

This car is a wepon, Though i think Thor may have Blown it up