The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Agreed Value for insurance through the Club?

Guest Bainesy36

Guest Bainesy36

Hi there Peeps,

Just got off the phone to Adrian Flux after getting a quote for a '97 TT6 BPU with Alloys, Bodykit, DVD player etc and was quite pleased with the £713 they quoted me (Told them best was £740 initially, so no suprise they just beat it I guess). I'll be 28 with 6 yrs NCD. NCD will be protected, legal cover inc', Third Party Only on other vehicles and like for like Mods'.

When I asked about an agreed valuation of the car, they said that they don't offer one themselves, but, if I get an agreed value from the Owners Club here, they would pass this on to the insurer who would take more notice of it in the event of a total loss claim. Bearing in mind I'd told them my best offer was with Sky, am I right in thinking that this would have no bearing on any pay-out if the time came. It seems like they are just trying to get my business. Any ideas?

Also, would the Club even do an Agreed Valuation Certificate for the Supra's?

Thanks in advance,

Nige.

Yep - you're right. "take more notice of it" does NOT mean they would agree to it. It just means that your broker is suggesting that any owners' club documents discussing the value of your car might help you in the inevitable argument following a total loss.

By the way, Sky will also charge you an additional £35 for the agreed valuation, but I would suggest that even the £35 plus the extra cost of the insurance is worth the peace of mind.

Guest Bainesy36

Thanks Guys, that's what I thought.

I am waiting for a new quote back from Sky at the moment and after telling them what Adrian Flux had quoted me, I'm hoping they can beat it.

The £35 fee for the agreed value is very appealing and I'm sure I'll take this option for piece of mind.

Nige.