The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Value for money?

edge

Always wanted a supra.

Been researching about 2 years now. Thing is that prices seem to differ greatly.

I want something sick that will not blow up every time i floor it.

Ive seen a few for around the £15k mark offering around 600 - 700 bhp. I know how reliable they are standard but what are they like pushing over 600 bhp.

I wont be a daily driver just a weekend toy.

Thanks in advance.

Great Helpful site BTW ;)

Rgds

JIM

Dont laugh but atm i drive a 99 4.0 V8 discovery which i carry my dogs around in but ive driven things from baby elans to heavily modded lotus carltons, cossie's, ferrari's etc but as far as i can see nothing offers value for money quite like a supra.

Remember as well, most dyno printouts are to be taken with a pinch of salt.

Plenty of 500bhp cars turn out to be running a bit less... all depends on the dyno operator.

Sound advice, pays to do your research especially when buying a big single.

I've seen BPU cars for sale quoting 500BHP!

Well, the UK TT BPU is more than a match for a ferrari, as Graham S will vouch for...pretty much stock.

He got 404bhp on surrey rolling road, decat, boost controller, and it certainly showed a ferrari one night who was boss, the bloke even stopped and chatted for a while because he couldn't believe a toyota beat his ferrari.

Well, the UK TT BPU is more than a match for a ferrari, as Graham S will vouch for...pretty much stock.

He got 404bhp on surrey rolling road, decat, boost controller, and it certainly showed a ferrari one night who was boss, the bloke even stopped and chatted for a while because he couldn't believe a toyota beat his ferrari.

And that was before the boost controller was in! 404bhp was just on a decat!

And yeh the ferarri was surprisingly easy and made it that much better when he said he was abusing it badly!

Check out my garage if your interested and if you would like a ride i'll dig out the trade plates and take you out as its hibernating for the winter... (but will have to be a dry day as my baby don't get wet!)