The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stupid question, but I'm going to ask it anyway!

Sheefa

OK, here goes...........

Our Supras have either a twin or single setup, but has anyone gone for anything more crazy, i.e. a tri-turbo? Is this even possible with the existing lump? :eyebrows:

Obviously under BPU you feel number 2 come on at full whack, but would be lovely to have another at say 7k rpm if you extended the rev range to 10k. :D

Any ideas/thoughts/or total destruction of this thread welcome :)

Greg

OK, here goes...........

Our Supras have either a twin or single setup, but has anyone gone for anything more crazy, i.e. a tri-turbo? Is this even possible with the existing lump? :eyebrows:

Obviously under BPU you feel number 2 come on at full whack, but would be lovely to have another at say 7k rpm if you extended the rev range to 10k. :D

Any ideas/thoughts/or total destruction of this thread welcome :)

Greg

Yup, 3 has been done before...

Have you ever looked carefully at how much pipework is involved with getting twins to work... then have a look how much you need to get 3 on there.

Also 2 cylinders per tubby? starts running a little pulsey I reckon.

In summary... BAD IDEA..

Rubbish! My Wife (36yo) asked me what country dinosaurs live in about a year ago following the BBC program. :D

:D :d

I went to the shop the other day with my mate as we needed some ice for a party.

My mate asked the guy in the shop where he kept his 'frozen ice'. :D :d

The owner thought my mate was joking....

Variable vane turbo - a big whacking massive one - no pipes - constant boost... but when will they become available as aftermarket?

Honeywell have them on their development page, but you can't buy one.

You'll have to crawl into the boot of the nearest new porker turbo with your spanner.

edit;

and my girlfriend asked what the "tractors slow!" signs were on the A19. She thought they were to tell tractors to slow down incase they missed the tractor show. I set her right by saying that there are a lot of underground farmers conducting tractor races on the A19 and the sign was for them. She belived me ;)