PDA

View Full Version : Greetings

OhGod
14-01-07, 22:09
Hello all.

Been a member here for a week or so, and just picked up my Supra on Saturday so thought I'd make a quick 'newbie' post.

I've picked up a 1996 JSpec TT, 6spd manual, facelift model (think that's all correct!). Got a few minor additions like EDFC, turbo timer and a (very basic it seems) boost controller already on it.

Generally having a great time with it, been wanting one for a few years now, but already got a problem with the turbo! From reading this forum it sounds like a split/loose pipe or stuck valve - no surge at 4k RPM, and boost stays at 0.7 bar. It's under warranty from the garage still so I'll give em a call in the week and sort out getting it fixed. Can't wait to have it working as it already seem like a fast car, having both turbos going will be scary!

Ideas for the future are HID conversion (will make a new thread in a minute to check people's thoughts on these) and some minor cosmetic things like new handbrake lever, and maybe gear knob. Also need to sort wheels and/or suspension as the rear wheels rub the outer arches sometimes.

Gareth (OhGod)

hiten55
14-01-07, 22:13
Hi mate, congrats. your right, when the 2nd turbo kicks in things get fun/scary :eyebrows: enjoy it though, just be careful!! Squiffy just had a nasty incident, and he's an experienced supra driver..... luckily he's ok. i had the rear end decide it wants to overtake the front on my sup the other day too, luckily the traction control put a stop to that :)

RobSheffield
14-01-07, 22:14
Welcome :D

Good name :p

squiffy
14-01-07, 22:19
welcome mate, have fun, be carefull with that 2nd turbo!:d

SupraAyf
14-01-07, 22:20
:welcome: and well done on the new machine there Gareth - best purchase you will ever make IMHO:)

Gamer
14-01-07, 22:47
Welcome Gareth ;)

Joe

Nicholas
14-01-07, 23:21
Hi mate, congrats. your right, when the 2nd turbo kicks in things get fun/scary :eyebrows: enjoy it though, just be careful!! Squiffy just had a nasty incident, and he's an experienced supra driver..... luckily he's ok. i had the rear end decide it wants to overtake the front on my sup the other day too, luckily the traction control put a stop to that :)

blimey you leave the TC on? :blink:

Welcome oh new one :)

mr lover
14-01-07, 23:22
welcome :)

wewsupra
14-01-07, 23:58
welcome mate

markjodrell
15-01-07, 00:04
Welcome

SatSport
15-01-07, 01:06
really nice example that........... just bin the `Big Ben` clock thats bolted to the dash :o)

Supragaz
15-01-07, 08:48
:hello: & :welcome: