The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Washer jet not working = MOT failure??

Jim_1979

Yep afraid so mate

Windscreen

Includes all items affecting the driver's view of the road: the condition of the windscreen, the wipers and washers.

Chips or cracks in the windscreen directly in front of the driver, in the area swept by the wiper blades, are acceptable if they are less than 10mm in diameter. In the rest of the swept area, up to 40mm diameter damage is acceptable.

Official stickers (any used in connection with road enforcement, security or crime prevention matters) that are not readily removable are only a reason for rejection if they restrict the driver's view.

Washers and wipers

* operation

* extent of area swept by the wipers

* condition of the wiper blades.

Yeah it's most probably blocked.

Will a pin simply unblock them?

yep best thing to use is a sewing needle. but be careful not to move it too much otherwise it will break or turn the opposite way :)

My drivers side washer jet just doesn't appear to work at all half the time.

Is this a MOT failure?? If so I'm gonna have to source a new one!!

just requires unblocking as mentioned by others. i will stick my head out and say that a blocked washer jet is not a FAILURE as long as the other jet puts enough water on the screen to clear it.

:innocent:

As per previous posts, it will fail if no water gets on the screen but agree with Abs if enough water gets spread from the 'good' jet. One of the vans at work failed on just this (neither jet worked) Friday pm.

Use a fine needle.

I've used a garage air line to blow back through the washer jet to help dislodge crap on previous cars. Not sure how successful this would be on the Supra though.:)