The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra at Nurburgring 8.10s watch

Guest George Bolton

Guest George Bolton

The car is road legal and is most of the time driven to the ring I use the beemer to tow sometime so we can use both cars on the ring, also the car is set up for the track so driving long distance tends to scrub the tyres

Good thinking for the nursing home one by the ring is best. and yes it is based in verwood

Nice, on the lap time board the Porsche 944 has a very impressive time as have the wrx's, and I'm surpised to see Sabine Schmidt that far down on the supe with an M5?

I could be wrong but from the camera view on the bike it looks like you have the potential to go much faster still? I take it breaking the 7 min barrier could happen this year? and whats the full spec of the car?

Nice work :thumbs:

Nice time..! I'm sure it would be close to a 7 min car without that hold up near Adenau.

Great vid and thanks for sharing with us, I've seen the Kermit Supra in pictures and friends have often mentioned it, nice to see what its capable of! :thumbs:

Out of interest, what tyres do you find work well around the ring on a car like the Supra?

The car is road legal and is most of the time driven to the ring I use the beemer to tow sometime so we can use both cars on the ring, also the car is set up for the track so driving long distance tends to scrub the tyres

Good thinking for the nursing home one by the ring is best. and yes it is based in verwood

Welcome at last then George - I've been trying to find out who owns that beast for about 18 months or so. :)

I used to work in Car Crash Line and passed your place almost every day.

Guest George Bolton

The car has been round in just under 8 mins, timed by one of the ringers but no video, a few seconds were lost due to yellow flags and there was also a passenger.

All due respect to Sabine she is driving a heavy car with 3 passengers the supra has the same BHP and is lighter also set up for the track. Im sure if she was driving the supra it would be would have been a different story we are amateurs compared to her

The spec is tein suspention with EDFC, Greddy boost controler, and a super AFC (fuel controler). Single powerhouse racing stage one turbo running at 1.35 bar, striped out with roll cage running on Dunlop super sport track tyres. The car was set up by Leon at JPS Motorsport estimated around 500 BHP weight 1495 kg

Sorry to hear you only did 3 laps must take it easy untill you know the track or did you just breakdown

Sorry to hear you only did 3 laps must take it easy untill you know the track or did you just breakdown

Corner just after the turnoff by Adenau, too much right foot in the wet :( The car sustained no real damage, huge chip out of the alloy but they were kerbed already and damaged the inner tube of the tyre. But i was out again the next day :D

Going to be doing a few trips this year without doubt, hope to see you there :)

Guest George Bolton

the bike was a yamaha yzf R1 998cc ridden by Brendan keirle of Sliders guest house at the ring. he has posted the fastest lap on a public day at 7.32 on the above site.

Guest George Bolton

The Bike was a yamaha YZF-R1 998cc ridden by Brendan Keirle of Sliders Guesthouse at the Ring. Brendan has posted we believe to be the fastest lap on a public day 7m32s on the above site

I followed Dave in the 944 turbo on my 3rd lap and it was scary trying to follow him through corners on a track I didint know, I have to say he was the smoothest driver I have ever seen on the ring. This summer I'd like to break 8 mins, with 650 to 700 bhp availabe to me.

Sabine is fast, but I think she is too busy having fun to get as low a time as she could.

Nice to see a SUPRA lead the way :)

Guest George Bolton
Corner just after the turnoff by Adenau, too much right foot in the wet :( The car sustained no real damage, huge chip out of the alloy but they were kerbed already and damaged the inner tube of the tyre. But i was out again the next day :D

Going to be doing a few trips this year without doubt, hope to see you there :)

Look forward to it Regards George

Guest George Bolton
Nice time..! I'm sure it would be close to a 7 min car without that hold up near Adenau.

Great vid and thanks for sharing with us, I've seen the Kermit Supra in pictures and friends have often mentioned it, nice to see what its capable of! :thumbs:

Out of interest, what tyres do you find work well around the ring on a car like the Supra?

Appt name for the car being green an all, its now official we will call the car the kermit from now on. George

• 2 weeks later...

Nice lap. That car is straight up rapid. George, I live an hour, twenty north of the Ring on the Dutch border, but in Germany. The next time you and/or your son plan a trip to the ring, let me know so we can get together. My door is always open for club members, especially Ring-junkies... oh... and I never run out of beer.

ever.