The mkiv Supra Owners Club

-updated pics of my rolled supe

squiffy

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I second all the above, but I have to laugh becasue in your orginal thread someone said lucky you werent in a Focus, but looking at those I would much rather be in one. it can clearly stay in one piece in a crash better than the sup!!!

There's plenty of other smashed up Supra pics that suggest otherwise.

It really is a well designed and strong car. The fact he was unhurt kinda says that.

I guess things have moved on a great deal in 15 years of crash testing but I believe it is still very good by todays standards.

I second all the above, but I have to laugh becasue in your orginal thread someone said lucky you werent in a Focus, but looking at those I would much rather be in one. it can clearly stay in one piece in a crash better than the sup!!!

true mate! but i think i took a tree/telegraph pole to the drivers door,

look at the state of the outside, but it didnt cave in on the inside. i would still rather be in the supra

i was shocked at how much the roof came in, but it did go in the air and land hard on it. my mates always say i drive in a lazy leant back position, lucky i did!:D

anyway, either way i was fookin lucky!

It's certainly squiffy now! That must have been one hell of a ride :shock: Did it go over a few times or just once? Any idea of the speed you were going?

I rolled one of these 4 time when I was a 'yoof' and the roof incredibly stayed intact. It's right you remember everything in slow motion and every detail is so vivid. I remember just hearing crunching metal, breaking glass and counting each roll wondering if it would ever stop.

Take things easy Ryan, things like this can stick in your head and it can be a long time later when the shock hits you.

I was going to ask that, do you remember what sort of position you were in when it all came to a stop?

not really tbh mate, i remember being upside down against the roof. i had my belt off the second it stopped moving and turned the ignition off as i could hear my fuel tank (that i filled up the previous night) emptying out into the ditch:blink: