The mkiv Supra Owners Club

key fob/imobiliser

BEERSHZ

hi guys ang gals

i have searched all the battery threads i can find

i remeber reading somewhere that someone had a problem with car clicking on start up that was caused by key fob buttons/imobiliser but cant find it as i seem to be having same problem any know what im on about

blonde

clicking as tho flat battery car wouldnt start for 2 days!! tried jumping etc made no difference hubby came home today pressed buttons few times turned key backwards and forward and it bloody started, typical

have a toad cat 1 alarm thats all i can tell u bout it

so think may need battery changing anyway?? all lights etc ok no warning lights on dash etc

The immobilizer on my Cobra alarm has a tendency to kick in a bit quick after disabling the alarm, which means I usually have to hit the disarm button whilst the key is in the ignition (or use the silly dangly bit and touch it on the dash receiver).

If the car started after leaving it alone and simply fiddling with key fobs, I doubt it is the battery - just sounds like you were having a fight with your car alarm :)

clicking as tho flat battery car wouldnt start for 2 days!! tried jumping etc made no difference hubby came home today pressed buttons few times turned key backwards and forward and it bloody started, typical

have a toad cat 1 alarm thats all i can tell u bout it

so think may need battery changing anyway?? all lights etc ok no warning lights on dash etc

Crikey, that was me, I'm a bigamist. You'll have to post up some photos so I can decide which way to go.

You have the same problem as me, I'm no nearer to solving it.

apparently on top of my battery is a little round window type bit should be showing green if charged, 2 black round circles if need to charge and solid black if need to replace and its solid black

halfords quoted 69.99 for HCB005

Local battery centre 53.34 but said was 005L 510 cold crank amps assume this ok said was what book recommended + 3yr warranty

Rob if u solve it let me know -- am very camera shy stick to what u know lol

Glad you appear to have this sorted!

Did you do anything to the battery or did you simply leave it overnight? Did you not take the car for a good 30+ minute run? Your indicator panel on top of the bettery went from solid black to green without any interferance? I have heard of potentials recovering over time (some jiggerypokery to do with EMF in electrochemical cell stuff) when the terminals are disconnected, but that doesn't seem right in this case :)