The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone fitted Aerotcatch Pins?

SupraAyf

Right Team,

I have just bought some 'Plus-Flushed' Aerocatch pins and I have a Chargespeed bonnet. This means that like many of you guys and your bonnets, it has lots of curves and vents and bumps etc.

I have left the two bonnet catches for now but I don't trust them since Chargespeed advise that pins should be used with this bonnet.

If anyone has fitted them recently then I would appreciate a pic or a bit of advice.

I am thinking of removing the bonnet catches completely and simply mounting the pins in their place as its the flattest area of the bonnet - but if any of you have any ideas?

Cheers All,;)

Cheers mate - will do. It will give me a chance to have a chat about my trial Rear which I've just ordered from Albert!

2 birds with one stone - can't be bad;)

EDIT: P.S What are you having done mate?

Well I am having AEM fitted with switches in the arm rest for map settings and launch control, flames ([OOPS][/OOPS]) etc, starter switch fitted in the roof lining in front of the light, 650cc injectors, Aero catch bonnet pins, new full exhaust system built by turbofit, 3 DVD screens, AFR gauge, HKS BOV, engine bay work with new braided hoses etc think thats it!

Well I am having AEM fitted with switches in the arm rest for map settings and launch control, flames ([OOPS][/OOPS]) etc, starter switch fitted in the roof lining in front of the light, 650cc injectors, Aero catch bonnet pins, new full exhaust system built by turbofit, 3 DVD screens, AFR gauge, HKS BOV, engine bay work with new braided hoses etc think thats it!

As you do!:faint:

Sounds great mate - can't wait to see some pics of that little lot;)

Well it was bugging me since getting the car that the ECU was not what it was supposed to be and it was running 2 x 1000cc injectors and a HKS fuel controller linked to RPM to add fuel in at 4200rpm or so, see pic, this set up was used in Japan a lot some years ago and to be honest worked on mine very well also but not comfortable with AFR and the set up, with AEM I will have full control, All the other bits I have been collecting since Nov, will post plenty of pics next week when I get her back

Pics of car before she went in and switches I am having fitted

Picture 081.jpg

switch 1.jpg

switch 2.jpg

SUPRA-PIC-3.jpg

yes already made a note to self to add no more 'stuff' inside, or it would be more like a chrismas tree!

Got the same problem 'plus' I have just orederd an 52mm AEM wideband gauge system and a Greddy electronic water temp gauge taking the gauge total to 11 (including the 2 screen gauges):

1. Greddy 60mm EGT Gauge.

2. Blitz Chrome 60mm 2.5 bar Pressure Gauge

3. Blitz Chrome 60mm Oil Temp Gauge.

4. Blitz Chrome 52mm Oil Pressure Gauge.

5. Blitz Chrome 52mm Vacuum Gauge.

6. Apexi 60mm Power Meter Gauge

7. HKS 48mm Voltage Gauge

8. Blitz DSBC-R.

9. Blitz FATT

10. Blitz Electronic Power Meter (SJ).

11. ETTC Control Unit.

12. Apexi SAFC-II

13. Pioneer Double Flip ICE with Disc, MD and 12 Changer.

14. 7.2 inch widescreen monitor.

15. HKS CAMP (Computer Automobile Multi-Player) which displays 2 electronic gauges from a choice of 15 via the monitor.

16. WRX 3-gauge pod.

17. Greddy twin-60mm full A-Pillar pod!

18. Miami-GT Chromed side steps

Yes I just checked your garage, and very nice to, I have also got the Miami Gt spark plug cover, cam cover, PS cover, Brake fluid cover, Battery cover and clamp, chrome Gt wings and door runners going on to, you do have several nice things 'on the shelf to'

It's going well mate and your collection seems full to the brim. I am now starting the next phase of my projct of chroming all of the small bits (throttle cable mount; bonnet retention clips; wire supports; clamps; nuts and bolts and support brackets etc etc).

It is taking it to the extreme I know but this is my hobby at the end of the day

It's going well mate and your collection seems full to the brim. I am now starting the next phase of my projct of chroming all of the small bits (throttle cable mount; bonnet retention clips; wire supports; clamps; nuts and bolts and support brackets etc etc).

It is taking it to the extreme I know but this is my hobby at the end of the day

thing is I said I would not do it again after my GTR, but hey just cant help it!! Good luck with the project, I will keep you posted ;)

engine_large.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just been over to Twisted Vision in Hampshire to see my car being finished off and they have just finished the fit of my Aerocatch pins.

Guys - they take a bit of work to fit and create the mounts but they are the dogs bollocks. Everyone should rush out and get some IMHO!:)

You will need some good guys like the ones I have but hey - it's all worth it in the end.;)

Didn't have my camera but pics to follow in a couple of days

my bonnet has pre-cut holes for the aerocatches

u will be able to check my ride out in progress at twisted soon

Si mate, they have done a cracking job so I reckon you will be the pride of this whole area once yours is up and running. I have a second little Supra project that its the pipeline too:) My Trial Rear was a right tw@t to fit but they've done a cracking job