The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tyring times

Guest sunnyG83

Guest sunnyG83

In my other thread "decided to polish one off" i talked about getting a flat tyre and removing the wheel. well i did do and have looked at the tyre and its perfect on about 95% of the tyre and have noticed that all the tyre wear is on the inside tyre wall.

Now is this because of the Tracking do you guys think or is it because i have another fault maybe a suspension related fault and is this common.

here are a few picture to show you guys how the tyre has worn in the inside tyre wall.

Thanks in advance

Christ, thats bad. As nic mentions it has WAY too much camber, but what are you wheel sizes and offsets, what tyre sizes? From the pic it looks like the tyres are far too narrow for the wheel width.

Ideally you want to aim for:

Front: 8.5x17 -50 with 235/45 ZR17

Rear: 9x17 -50 with 255/40 ZR17

Anything significantly different to those and expect serious wear problems.

Guest sunnyG83

hi again Homer, the fronts are 245/40/18's and this is one of them. Plus i run 265/40/18's on the rear.

i have noticed that my suspension is set-up so that the rear is slightly raised in comparison to the front so its kinda squatting is this maybe the problem.

i have H&r coilovers on at the moment

hi again Homer, the fronts are 245/40/18's and this is one of them. Plus i run 265/40/18's on the rear.

i have noticed that my suspension is set-up so that the rear is slightly raised in comparison to the front so its kinda squatting is this maybe the problem.

i have H&r coilovers on at the moment

The tyre sizes are more or less correct (actually the rear is too high a profile), but what are the wheel sizes and offsets? They should be stamped on the wheel rim somewhere. Wheel size it crucial and in the pics you've shown they look FAR too wide.