The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decided to pollish one off

Guest sunnyG83

Guest sunnyG83

hey there guys i had a flat Tyre the other day so had to replace one of my Braid wheels with the standard solid gold Giovanna rim in the boot.

while i had the Wheel lying in my room waiting for tyre's i decided to give the wheel a little pollishing as the picture will show the pollished lip was all marked and had somesorta road scum fused to it.

Here are the before pics of the rim and lip

Guest sunnyG83

:D first of i cleaned the surface dirt off with ordinary autoglym carwash and conditioner i know its not the most effective tool to use but i was working with what i had and it done a good job.

then i used my Mums hairdryer to dry the wheel quickly and started to apply the polish to the lip small sections at a time and trust me i really cant feel my fingertips anymore. its a time consuming process but im very pleased with the turn out as you will see below.

Dont get me wrong this aint as good as a total re-furb but like many of you guys i have more important things to pay for just now than a re-furb cost £*** figures and it gives me a great sense of achiement doing this myself, Enjoy

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e370/suprasun/th_videocamera067.jpg[/img][/url]

Guest sunnyG83

:) Yeah Homer i know its a shame about the Blistering but that will get sorted with the full Re-furb this year but for the time being im a happy chappie.

i love the wheels what are they worth if you dont mind me asking, not that i was selling them

i love the wheels what are they worth if you dont mind me asking, not that i was selling them

Not sure TBH, but Braid are a premium brand. Ibrar at Pro-Alloys is a main dealer so his site should have a price. I'd hazard a guess towards the £500 per wheel mark. - Thats NEW price, not 2nd hand!

Guest sunnyG83

Thanks for the kind comments guys it took me ages to do one wheel.

SupraAyf: here is a picture with them on the car before i got polishing

once i do the other three i will post up some new pics with them on the car :)