The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Seling things on here

Guest EncoreWRC

Guest EncoreWRC

I really am pee'd off now. I said to a seller of an item that I would buy it. A payment amount and date was agreed and someone has obviously offered him more money and like a bad sport.. has sold to the highest bidder after a sale agreed!

I know its money that counts at the end of the day, but really thought members on here were honest folk.....

Sorry guys, considereing leaving the site now as this is not the first time this has happened.

Anyone got any views on how this kind of thing can be stopped or rules imposed like ebay - final word of SOLD in the forum should mean just that. What do ebay say - "your bid is your contract".....

I am sick of this...

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EncoreWRC

Because I thought members were better than that. And you dont get all the bits you need on ebay. Sorry but seriously thinking about it - its bad sportsmanship!!

To be fair it is about the person who is selling its integrity if they agree it is sold. I bought something off a member on here and he was offered hundreds more for the item but his word was his bond and he sold the item to me at the price agreed.

That has always been my approach since. At the end of the day some people don''t have that attitude.

But don't let that put you off there are many a person on here that will have the same attitude as me.

It's hardly the forum that's at fault, sadly when humans get involved with anything there are always the bad eggs that spoil it.

As Mawby says go elsewhere to buy things or just stick to trusted sellers, reliable buyers and other sources of parts.

I really am pee'd off now. I said to a seller of an item that I would buy it. A payment amount and date was agreed and someone has obviously offered him more money and like a bad sport.. has sold to the highest bidder after a sale agreed!

I know its money that counts at the end of the day, but really thought members on here were honest folk.....

Sorry guys, considereing leaving the site now as this is not the first time this has happened.

Anyone got any views on how this kind of thing can be stopped or rules imposed like ebay - final word of SOLD in the forum should mean just that. What do ebay say - "your bid is your contract".....

I am sick of this...

If a payment amount was agreed, why didn't you just pay. (don't know the circumstances - only going by what you've said).

That's the only way you are going to be guaranteed something.

I think the other way some people do it (for example when Michael sold something to me) is say *sold subject to payment* which is a nicer way of dealing with things.

Guest EncoreWRC
To be fair it is about the person who is selling its integrity if they agree it is sold. I bought something off a member on here and he was offered hundreds more for the item but his word was his bond and he sold the item to me at the price agreed.

That has always been my approach since. At the end of the day some people don''t have that attitude.

But don't let that put you off there are many a person on here that will have the same attitude as me.

I am the same and this is exactly what I am on about. I lost out on 1500 on selling a car because someone bought it for 500 on ebay and I stuck to the auction. Mad - but thats me - I am honest. (99.9% try to be)

Because I thought members were better than that. And you dont get all the bits you need on ebay. Sorry but seriously thinking about it - its bad sportsmanship!!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's in good club spirit to do it, but I just find it hard to believe you are only here to buy stuff and that you don't get anything else from being with the club. Why leave when you can just make a mental note not to buy from them again and leave them a negative iTrader rating?

Guest EncoreWRC
what were you looking to buy of the seller?

F-CON V pro. Assured money - offered deposit to secure which was turned down as he trusted my word on circumstances.. then sold to a higher bidder and pm'd me my own lifes story!! I own 5 cars and only have 1 on the road through bad luck!!!!

Guest EncoreWRC
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's in good club spirit to do it, but I just find it hard to believe you are only here to buy stuff and that you don't get anything else from being with the club. Why leave when you can just make a mental note not to buy from them again and leave them a negative iTrader rating?

I get a lot from this club - but like always - a bad experience that has now cost me a lot of money though buying other parts to go with it(planned steps forwrd), and now it looks like I have about another 6- 8 months of saving to buy this item new (big set back) - its just toped my luck and I really have now lost faith in members selling - sorry guys. Its just one member that would not keep his word.

I think it's well out of order if someone agrees to sell you something, then gives it to someone else!! For me, you are nothing without your WORD!!

I think if issues like this happen on the forum then it should be opened up for discussion between the members with names of who's involved and get a concensus of who's out of order.

I'm not saying name and shame but it's good to hear both sides of the story!!

Maybe it would make people do the right thing by their fellow members!! I wouldn't take my ball home just because somebody has not done the right thing as Mawby said.

H.