The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Come on every1 get signing!!

rob_g

ARGH!!!!!!!

If you sign your name backwards do the police come out?

If you stick the petition on your car window will you get mugged?

Sheesh!

:rolleyes:

This isn't an urban myth by the way, they are considering doing this. I was involved with the pilot scheme for the lorries..

This isn't an urban myth by the way, they are considering doing this. I was involved with the pilot scheme for the lorries..

Very true but like the others it's a repost of a repost of a repost on a subject that will go ahead anyway if they want it to, remember the petition about the war in Iraq.... they make people feel like they are getting chance to change things but in reality they do nothing.

Very true but like the others it's a repost of a repost of a repost on a subject that will go ahead anyway if they want it to, remember the petition about the war in Iraq.... they make people feel like they are getting chance to change things but in reality they do nothing.

hahaha, that is so true... signing a petition isn't going to make a damn difference with this.

The whole reason for the men in suits looking into this, was to tax lorries, that were filling up off shore or dodgy fuel sites. It was always touted as being revenue-neutral on a whole. ie some people would pay more and some less. Given the amount of work we did on the system, it look very much like it was converting ALL roads into toll roads....and there were a hell of a lot of checks to make sure the system couldn't be compromised, including gantries, microwave stations, hell the demo unit I saw had two sim cards in it to ensure that it always had signal to upload the maps... If people really think that by signing a bit of e-paper will change their minds... it won't happen sadly...

The system will eventually be scaled down to work with cars...

I wonder if there's any record of an on-line petition ever being taken seriously and changing the government's (or whoever's) mind.

I kind of doubt it.

I signed one a number of years ago. Some old granny came up to me in Sainsburys and asked if I wanted to see Keith Chegwin naked and hosting a television program. I'm told it happened.

I signed one a number of years ago. Some old granny came up to me in Sainsburys and asked if I wanted to see Keith Chegwin naked and hosting a television program. I'm told it happened.

:lol: never thought i would see Cheggers get mentioned in Supra chat. even more so, naked.

the programme was Naked Jungle, they showed a clip a while back. you didn't miss anything, Charlotte, poor old cheggers, hahahaha (that programme is infamous now) :)