The mkiv Supra Owners Club

really juicy

dibbleyuk

Hey guys is there anything i can do replace, that mite be abit old causing it to use more fuel like sensors etc

basicly in my N/A im getting:

40miles - £10 very careful driving

80miles - £20 etc

the most resent i put £40 sunday nite ive been thrashing it about abit (not constently) in the evenings and have seemed to only of gotten 95miles to approx £30

Do i just get used to it or is that poor! :(

Misfiring will indicate a cylinder is not working correctly.

On my old Lexus GS300 (MAF sensor version of the Supra NA engine) there was a vacuum leak on the gasket inbetween the throttle body and inlet manifold which caused misfiring and it was running on 5 cylinders.

Have the sparkplugs been changed recently?

A dodgy oxygen sensor may cause higher fuel consumption

Hey guys is there anything i can do replace, that mite be abit old causing it to use more fuel like sensors etc

basicly in my N/A im getting:

40miles - £10 very careful driving

80miles - £20 etc

the most resent i put £40 sunday nite ive been thrashing it about abit (not constently) in the evenings and have seemed to only of gotten 95miles to approx £30

Do i just get used to it or is that poor! :(

they look like good figured to be honest.... you'd get just over 30 on a tt if i can remember correctly on a tt :(

That does seem to be quite low,

I have to admit that my NA does not seem to be at all bad for fuel economy. I put in £50's worth of Vpower on sunday, did a run to Canterbury and back (just over 360 miles) and have still got at least 40 miles left in the tank and I had my toe down all the way:D

Works out at about 80ish miles for a tenner!

That does seem a little low (17mpg ish). Are you doing a lot of short journeys or town driving?

For sure, I'd check the O2 sensor(s) if they're coated in soot then they will need cleaning or (best) replacing.

Has the car been serviced recently - plugs changed, clean air filter etc?

From a tankful (~£60) I usually get about 300 miles from my auto TT :) . I think that's about 20mpg give or take for mixed driving (quite a lot of urban driving). Nathman, I know you're NA, but how do you get 80 miles to a tenner?!! I'd be excessively happy to get that from a 3.0l engine :)