The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forget Hybrid cars, This is the Future!!

silvershark44

Higher Octane and we wouldn't have to import it. We have so many set-aside fields around where I live that are just doing nothing - I just don't understand why the government isn't trying to get this industry started faster. Maybe pressure from the oil companies.

I'd perfer to buy home grown fuel that helps our economy and reduces Co2.

Instead of funding the the foreign oil markets we could sell ours to them...

Nice to know that the end of oil is not the end of internal combustion.

More octane means more boost and ignition advance which would result in more power/torque, if you was setup to take advantage of it.

Tesco 99ron uses a 5% mix to gain the extra octane if I remember correctly.

There are some older threads on Bio fuel on here some where.

More octane means more boost and ignition advance which would result in more power/torque, if you was setup to take advantage of it.

Tesco 99ron uses a 5% mix to gain the extra octane if I remember correctly.

There are some older threads on Bio fuel on here some where.

Yup, you are correct, all these new v-power and tesco fuels contain ethanol...

Here we have a solution to high petrol prices and bad co2 emissions but the government is ignoring it, I feel a petition coming on...

Whats the point in a petition, the B*stards don't care what we think.

I saw this at the Autoshow yesterday.

Chatting with the Lotus engineer revealed that they have 6 injectors, the normal 4, although larger than stock and 2 additional mounted after the supercharger.

They inject fuel into the inlet track which aids cooling given denser air.

I asked what other mods they had and basically its a different fuel tank so it doesnt eat through it and a remap to suite the new fuel.

I saw this at the Autoshow yesterday.

Chatting with the Lotus engineer revealed that they have 6 injectors, the normal 4, although larger than stock and 2 additional mounted after the supercharger.

They inject fuel into the inlet track which aids cooling given denser air.

I asked what other mods they had and basically its a different fuel tank so it doesnt eat through it and a remap to suite the new fuel.

The additonal injectors are pre supercharger - not after it. :)

I think there have been some additional seal changes throughout the engine to counteract the corrosive affects of ethanol.

Ethanol fuels burn cleaner and unlease more power than normal gasoline, but the total energy content is lower so you get lower MPG, which slightly offsets the advantage of the lower pump price.

Well, increasing the power on a gasoline engine will certainly reduce the MPG, but whether that would be down to the same figures as an ethanol car I have no idea. Pre compressor injection can be done with gasoline, too, and that apparently has some big benefits for performance and economy so I guess you'd have to compare like with like.

The big driver for using bio-fuels is, of course, lower net CO2 production, though.

I was at the Autosport show, too. I liked the way that anything that has any ethanol in it is now being labelled as a "green" fuel :)