The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Nur spec R gaskets

Chris and Alana

hi guys, does anyone know which of these gaskets I need for the Blitz Nur Spec R? I dont have the exhaust yet and Im buying second hand and will probably need new ones. Heres the link http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/Product-14.aspx

One other thing. When you use a restrictor ring do use it as a gasket or do you use it with a gasket?

I've got a Nur Spec R.

Just the MX4026 . It says that these are for the MT3020 (Nur Spec R for the Supra)

You don't have to use any if you don't want to.

Just use some exhaust assembly paste.

Put some on each side of the restrictor ring too.

I've got a Nur Spec R.

QUOTE]

I just checked out your garage and found your BPU (I asume your full decat) is it anoyingly loud on motoways (does it drone alot) just wanting to know as this is the setup im going for.

Anyway thanks for the reply. So you recon I dont even need gaskets. Does it make a good enough seal on its own?

You need just the exhaust assembly paste, make sure you use sufficient.

Yep, full decat. :)

The noise isn't too bad for me, but I've got a lot of insulation in the car.

I sometimes fit the exhaust baffle that you get with the Nur Spec when I have to do a long journey.

thanks. thought id ask as people have commented on how loud the Nur Spec can be. Im sure it will be a pleasure to listen to anyway. Does the baffle make alot of difference? I did have a 1.25 fiesta with a twin exit powerflow exhaust and that was stupidly loud and on motoways it could make your ears bleed, it used to take me a good half hour before I could hear properly again (usual drony powerflow) I used to hate it. Im sure the soop wont be that bad