The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What pisses you off the most

hogmaw

What driving pisses you off the most?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. What driving pisses you off the most?

• Hogging the motorway middle lane
    • Hogging the motorway outside lane
    • Tailgating
    • Not using indicators

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Middle lane tunnel-vision half-asleep road hogs for me. Probably the most frequently seen bad driving practice and can cause all kinds of problems and jams

I'd join middle lane and outside lane hoggers as one, because you know when you drive past a middlelane hogger, that you will be met by an outside lane hogger 50m in front.

Middle lane hogs seem to cause the outside lane hogs who overtake them over the next 10 miles. And pulling out into my braking space annoys the hell out of me no-end. Especially if they're travelling 30mph slower. At least you get to put your foot down when they pull over again, just to make yourself smile :D

I said middle lane hoggers, but its a close call between those who don't indicate and people who can't follow the incredibly simple rules of roundabouts. I try not to get wound up by it, but I can't help it

I questioned someone about why they didn't indicate ever, and his answer was "you should never assume I'm going a certain way, you should wait and find out" [or something like that]. WTF!!! [note - BMW driver!]

I Really dont understand why people dont use the slow lane anymore when they are clearly going nowhere near the right speed in the middle lane, so i do make a point of it and just pull back infront of them then go back to the slow lane, well!!!!!!! :tongue:

OR why do people do 40mph on a 60mhp road, that really pisses my off because i think its those sort of people that cause a lot of the accidents as people do get impatient and try and overtake taking risks,

I voted for middle lane hoggers as i really do hate them.

I also have a healthy dislike for people that pull up first in the que in the outside lane at the lights, big que on the inside, you behind them.

Then the proceed to pull away so slowly the whole line of traffic on the inside lane is now 100 yards infront of you.

Why the hell do they bother going in the outside lane!!!!!

OR why do people do 40mph on a 60mhp road, that really pisses my off because i think its those sort of people that cause a lot of the accidents as people do get impatient and try and overtake taking risks,

Or people who drive 50mph on a 60mph road because they don't realise that national speed limit on a single track A road [unless otherwise stated] is 60 and not 50. That annoys me too

Out of the choices youve given us, tailgating top of the list for me. Its like my Supras a giant electro-magnet these days around the 30 and 40 mph limits. M27 is just as bad, most often big vans.

Bad roundabout driving is my biggest moan though. Of all the near-misses I've had over the years, most have been on roundabouts.

Two lanes at a busy x-roads, u can turn left, right, or go straight, loadsa cars on the left, one in the right hand lane not indicating, lights change F*"^in£ STUPID INCONSIDERATE SH($E FEATURED W*%^"(R moves forward a few metres stops then indicates, why can't i legally shoot people this STUPID????

i tend to be a middle lane hogger when theres no cars on my right or behind me for some distance. i move to the slow lane when need to quite early, then again, i aint exactly a slow driver.

voted outside lane. this is based on no cars in middle lane. otherwise the two kinda same vote.

mentioned already, but it annoys the hell out of me, when middle lane hogger causes a outside lane driver/hogger who is only going that tiny bit faster.

has to be indicators

but dont you just hate people who drive like 34mph in a 40

and then come into a 30 zone and continue at 34mph.

are they oblivious to surroundings or something.

i mean ive seen a learner driver with a proper driving school in the right lane doing 40 in a 50, and not getting over.

what the hell are they teaching people now days.