The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sports cat exhaust for N/A supra

Bakerboy

Hi people, I was wondering if you could help...

I'm due to pick up my first ever supra on friday and would like to know if I can get a sports cat exhaust for the 95 N/A supra aerotop, i'm looking for a full system and don't want to be meesing around taking cats out for mot's etc.

Can anyone reccomend what exhaust and where to get it from, i'm looking for noise mainly, I want it LOUD.

Also, ideas on prices would be useful..i've looked online alot and can't seem to find any sports cat full systems.

Bakerboy

Couple of options really....

Envy got me the Greddy Titanium for a very good price, however plenty of traders on here.. Miami-GT are also doing a custom stainless exhaust for a very reasonable price.

Gaz @ Envy

Andy @ Miami-GT

Disclaimer: I'm simply posting up traders with which I have had dealings, this does not mean I do not recommend other traders, or support/dislike other traders. It is simply a list of traders with whom I have personally dealt with when it comes to this particular part. (Detailed enough disclaimer you reckon?)

IF you want it loud go for the NUR Spec without the baffle.. Howver the car will feel 'flat' by that i mean loss in torque... Put the baffle in and its 'Nice'

I'll agree to differ on that one, I notice no "flatness" with a nurspec on my NA, the only thing I'll notice with the baffle is the ability to hold a conversation with a passenger.

I'll agree to differ on that one, I notice no "flatness" with a nurspec on my NA, the only thing I'll notice with the baffle is the ability to hold a conversation with a passenger.

Lol, i'm not a chav by no means but I like my supra to sound as good as it looks and in my opinion loud is good.

would like to know if I can get a sports cat exhaust for the 95 N/A supra aerotop, i'm looking for a full system and don't want to be meesing around taking cats out for mot's etc.

You might change your mind about that when you see the price. Sports cats are ridiculous money. Besides, you shouldn't need a cat in for the MOT if the emissions are running right.

Cant go wrong with a RSR ExMag II neither. I have this from when mine was a N/A and with both cats out, it was horrific but sounded ace. Still have it now after na-t and it still sounds awesome, wouldnt change it for anything. Vid from pod: http://media.putfile.com/Supra-NA-T-Santa-Pod- Thanks to tom for vid.

http://media.putfile.com/Supra-NA-T-137-Run-2

http://media.putfile.com/NA-T-Supra-137-run

http://media.putfile.com/Mobile-Rollers

Got the sound of a nur spec somewhere too, will see if I can find.

You might change your mind about that when you see the price. Sports cats are ridiculous money. Besides, you shouldn't need a cat in for the MOT if the emissions are running right.

Yeah, I believe most NA's will go through MOT with just the front cat in, and the exhausts are still very loud.

Lol, i'm not a chav by no means but I like my supra to sound as good as it looks and in my opinion loud is good.

Try driving it for a bit, and see how you feel. Mine is stupid loud and will drone at motorway speeds, I'm getting more paranoid about be pulled over by the coppers, and MOTs are getting more of a pain - I failed this year for being excessively loud. If that's your bag great, but if you can listen to some of the other exhausts on the market before going for the loudest then do so.

That said I won't change mine until I have to :D

I have now got an RSR on my NA and it sounds incredible! (Thanks again Supra Matt:thumbs: )

It is very very loud and both cats are still in at the moment. It regularly sets off car alarms, makes small children cry and your neighbours will hate you, but it is more than worth it:d

I have now got an RSR on my NA and it sounds incredible! (Thanks again Supra Matt:thumbs: )

It is very very loud and both cats are still in at the moment. It regularly sets off car alarms, makes small children cry and your neighbours will hate you, but it is more than worth it:d

My neighbours hate my Trail system

They moan it makes their windows vibrate when i start up in mornings

Hence any early Airport runs etc i have to use the RX8