The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my old supra

Guest pau1

VERY LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!!

you must have hit that tree with some force... you probably would have been better hitting the other car, if it was their fault. That tree nearly cut you in half. That's the worst damage I have seen so far... makes chiefgroover's look like a scratch.

I think it's safe to say that if there was a passenger in the car, they would of been killed or seriously hurt with a loss of limbs.

I agree with Mike B. Worst damage I've seen so far and damn frikking scary!

Hope everyone was OK mate :)

Greg

i broke two ribs and punctured a lung ..

the bloke did drive off but i dont remember much after i hit the tree ..

im going to look at another supra on thursday so with a bit of look it will be comming home with me ...

the police worked out my speed by the skid marks and the fact i had just gone though a speed camera , they said i was not going faster than 40mph which i know look like a lie due to the damage to the car but they told me that thecar ended you like it did due to where it was hit ..

its a reminder that if you have to hit anything (i know its not like you normally have a choice!) try and make sure its not a tree................another car, concrete bollard, brickwall etc etc are all far more favourable

Another car??? Are you sure about that???

merely pointing out that all the things i mentioned will 'give' a little when you hit them...........a tree doesn't unless its small enough to be uprooted.

An empty car ok, but one with people inside? You'd serve and hit that, rather than a tree? Hypothetical situation of course, but a tricky one!

Wow, that is some impact. I must be honest and say i dont believe you were geing anywhere near 40 mph.

Are you sure the police didnt say 140

everyone has said the same thing , if you look at the pics you can see that the car hit the tree on the door post and once that goes its game over ..