The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price on my supra, thinking on getting rid.

jamesmark

Ok some of you may know about the history of my car but long story short it has been in a rear end accident, I am thinking of calling it a day with the car. It is a lovely looking car pics and spec can be seen in my garage, It is a 93 GZ TT BPU.

Now I know that there aint much chance of selling it for any good kind of money but I have a figure in mind that I would let it go for. As there have been a few threads for people woanting project cars.

Requires:-

Rear subframe and hub to hub. (£300 iirc from Jezzybabes best to double chaeck with him, as am not being an ebay add that says on price and it is actually 3x more lol)

Water pump (appx £70)

02 sensor (probably just needs cleaned)

Since I have had it it has been given BPU and full custom respray and full cream leather interior, new pads and has 114,000 km 85% done in KM.

What do you ya think I could get for it?

I'll give you a good hiding if you sell it. Honestly Mark,, it's so close to getting sorted that to stop now is daft.

Loads of us have offered to help with the sub-frame.

C'mon, don't do it.

I know mate, and thanks goes out to you all, at the moment only 30% of me wants to get rid and there is other issues (family) that I want to concentrate on, lol you know this time when someone posts a thread "am getting rid" it is nothing to do with I can't afford it as you know better than anyone what i have all done to the car and the amount of time it has been @ Petersetc, as I have spent shit loads on this car and I can still spend shit loads too.

Thats a shame Mark, didn't realise it had a rear ender? Was this before you bought it or while you owned it?

Wouldn't want to say a price tbh as they're all over the place lately... but for anyone who is interested its a VERY nice example and with the little bit of work that needs to be done would make a solid car :) good luck

Thats a shame Mark, didn't realise it had a rear ender? Was this before you bought it or while you owned it?

Wouldn't want to say a price tbh as they're all over the place lately... but for anyone who is interested its a VERY nice example and with the little bit of work that needs to be done would make a solid car :) good luck

Cheers Luke, Yes it is a very nice car and woudl make a solid Supra for someone that has time. It was in a rear ender before I got it, it was only cause I like to spend money and do things correctly that it started to appear the work that was involved.

Mark mate, has it been Cat C/D'd - if not then is it worth repairing it first and then selling it for good money?

Keep it if you can Sir!;)

It is not insurance registered nothing shows up for it, as when I got the respray as it was done by an accident repair garage he kindly phoned up to find out, and it does not show up on any database.

After all the way you've come with that car selling now just seems wrong. It really doesn't sound like much is needed to fix - rear subframe change isn't difficult if you have a hard standing area. Someone like Jezzybabes should be able to supply a straight one for a decent price (off a front ender obviously!).

If you're convinced on selling up then IMO you're best off getting it up to grade then selling on. It won't take much outlay to get the issues you mentioned fixed, but on selling you will get that back and then some.

After all the way you've come with that car selling now just seems wrong. It really doesn't sound like much is needed to fix - rear subframe change isn't difficult if you have a hard standing area. Someone like Jezzybabes should be able to supply a straight one for a decent price (off a front ender obviously!).

If you're convinced on selling up then IMO you're best off getting it up to grade then selling on. It won't take much outlay to get the issues you mentioned fixed, but on selling you will get that back and then some.

Yeah got a qoute from Jez and it's not a lot. If I get it fixed mate I will keep it TBH. It is always the "am in 2 minds" rubbish that comes into play.

Cheers Rob.

Yip thats what I want, however he is selling both front and back? so he either has 2 or the car it came off had something happen to it, plus sure Jez could have same thing said about him but he has good rep if I was to go anywhere I would go to Jez for the confidence thing.

AAARRRRGHHHhhhh what to do. Bloody F'in cars who would have em.