The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front bumper measurements resource thread

Inferno

Hi Everyone,

I got this idea from a post on the US supraforums and thought it would be a good idea to start a thread here.

My idea is to get people with different bumpers to measure them so that we can get an idea of how they compare to the stock bumper in terms of height. This will allow those of us with height concerns to be able to get a better idea of whether certain bumpers are suitable or not for our road conditions (speedbumps, driveways, carparks etc). The measurements do not take suspension or any other variables into account so they should be nice and reliable.

To start off, I have measured the stock front bumper and stock lip.

Note this is not my Supra but the photo works well to illustrate the measurements.

The yellow measurement is from the bottom of the headlight to the bottom of the stock lip and it measures 36cm (14.2 inches). The red measurement is from the top of the end of the bumper to the bottom of the end of the lip and measures 43cm (17 inches). The Orange measurement is the height of the stock lip in the middle and it measures 4.5cm (1.8 inches), and the blue measurement is the height of the stock lip right at the end (disregard where it is shown in the picture) and it measures 11cm (4.3 inches).

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/7461/dscf0045es2.th.jpg