The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help Required Please !!

imi-7

I have recently notcied a few oil drops under the engine of the car..its definitely engine oil - does anyone know what this could be ??

Also, there is a 'rumbling' sound when the car is moving only from the rear driver side wheel area...its more apparent when the car goes over uneven road surfaces - any thoughts?

Cheers

Confused Supra Owner :blink:

sounds highly unlikely that the two are related for starters.

The 'rumbling' could well be a bush gone or similar suspension component (hopefully not a wishbone as you can only replace the complete arm which is pretty pricey).

as for the oil drops, i'm assuming you can't actually see anywhere that it could be coming from? (if you haven't checked, then have a look) Is it using any oil over a period of time? (mine very, very rarely required topping up).

is it a TT or N/A?

I have recently notcied a few oil drops under the engine of the car..its definitely engine oil - does anyone know what this could be ??

Also, there is a 'rumbling' sound when the car is moving only from the rear driver side wheel area...its more apparent when the car goes over uneven road surfaces - any thoughts?

Cheers

Confused Supra Owner :blink:

The oil could be leaking from any of the gaskets, oil seals, oil filter, pump etc. You really need to get the car in the air, so the leak can be located from underneath.

The rumbling sound could also be quite a few different things, wheel bearing, brake caliper, warped disc, bush, damper etc. I think you need to get it checked out by an experienced mechanic ASAP.

Phoenix in Watford (15, Bridle Path, Watford, Hertfordshire WD17 1UE) come highly regarded, they have a lot of experience with Supras.

Guest TurboTed
Thx for your help ALL - I think I will be visiting Watford pretty soon :-)

i had oil leak just a quarter of a turn on oil filter solved that problem as for rumble it could be back diff if car shakes check:Pling: wheel balance start with the simple things in life like women then look further into it.:Pling: