The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engine Cleaner

Taylor

Further to a few threads i have just been reading.i would like to clean up my engine bay. BUT (expecting to get flamed here!) what parts can i clean and which cant i. i was thinking of taking certain parts out of the engine cleaning them up and putting them back...anything i should leave alone?? BTW im talking about cleaning not polishing

Cheers

Taylor, CD2 engine cleaner and detailer from halfords works very well (i used that on my scooby but not yet on the Supe) Just cover an induction kit if you have one, cover any electricals and just use common sense with where to scrub and where not to.

I managed this with just basic elbow grease:

My old BM came up pretty good to:

i was thinking of taking certain parts out of the engine cleaning them up and putting them back...anything i should leave alone?? BTW im talking about cleaning not polishing

Cheers

DONT' DO IT
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

I made this mistake about 3 years ago and then the whole thing turned in to a compulsive disorder.:) I have now stripped the entire car and de-gunged it while the engine is blinged all over - I don't drive it now in fear of it getting dirty but the engine gets dusted once per week.:blink:

DONT' DO IT
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif

I made this mistake about 3 years ago and then the whole thing turned in to a compulsive disorder.:) I have now stripped the entire car and de-gunged it while the engine is blinged all over - I don't drive it now in fear of it getting dirty but the engine gets dusted once per week.:blink:

hahahaha i fear i may be following you down this route.

damn it im offto do mine now!!

Something I picked up from a car-detailing buddy:

Mix in a spray bottle: 1/2 windshield wiper fluid, 1/2 armorall spray or some other plastic/interior shine/cleaner.

Spray and wipe on really dirty areas, other parts you can just spray on. High polish metal/aluminum/chrome areas will need to be cleaned/polished with appropriate agents of course.

Keep away from the drive belt areas, air filter, and electronics.

Works for me, but I don't spend hours polishing and cleaning the motor..........

cause I'm lazy, but wish mine looked like some of those gorgeous pics above.

Just get it hot water pressure washed with traffic film remover in the mix. You can't match it by any other means. It'll do no harm at all, worse you will have to do is blow out the valley between the cams.

Yep traffic film is what I used, only use a little however as I've been told it'll burn through paint, I've seen what it does to alloy wheels if left.