The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Portsmouth/Southampton mini-meet

mawby

A couple of us have decided to try and organise a mini-meet for people in Southampton and Portsmouth and anyone else who wants to come along.

:thumbs: Unless anyone has a better suggestion, we've decided that Lee-on-the-solent will be a good place to hold it. It's nicely situated between Southampton and Portsmouth and is really easy to find if you don't know the area. There are also loads of places to park and if it's hot and sunny we can go down the beach; buy an icecream and the likes!

:burp: The intention is to meet at a pub and then decide what to do from there, thats if we wanna leave the pub! I'd recommed The Old Ship pub as a good place to go as they have an outdoor drinking area right next to the car park, and they also serve some good food. Details of the pub can be found below. Again, other suggestions are welcome.

Finally the date. We've decided to hold it in July as it will hopefully be nice and sunny and also gives people plently of notice. The following dates are available so far...

6th (Sunday )

12th (Saturday)

13th (Sunday)

20th (Sunday)

26th (Saturday)

27th (Sunday)

So if your interested in going then could you let me know here, including prefered dates or dates you know you can't make. Hopefully I can then sort out a date suitable for everyone. :)

Cheers,

Lee

The Old Ship

Marine Parade East

Lee-On-The-Solent

Hampshire

PO139BW

02392 559811

http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=public&db=pc&addr1=&client=public&Submit.x=17&addr2=&advanced=&Submit.y=6&addr3=&pc=PO139BW&quicksearch=PO139BW

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be up from that.

I'm living in Burgess Hill now but I'm a Pompey boy originally, I have friends who live in Lee so could double it up with a visit to them.

Can't do the 6th, but any of the other dates could be OK if I book it with "the boss" as far in advance as possible :D

if I book it with "the boss" as far in advance as possible
I'm glad you said that, I'd better run it past my boss too! :eek: Oh well, bit late now! :D

So that narrows it down to the following dates...

12th (Saturday)

13th (Sunday)

20th (Sunday)

26th (Saturday)

27th (Sunday)

...with the following people hopefully attending...

Jive

Sean doyle

Mark Ayling

Me

Right, I've just done a search on "20th July OR 20/7" and it returned just two topics, this one and the Upcomming Events one (Where it matched 20th and July on different lines)

So I think it's going to be the Sunday 20th July, unless enough people want to make it one of the other dates.

I guess lets see what date(s) the other Pompey people or Scummers can do...

That's one of the reasons I suggested Lee as a place to meet, neutral ground to prevent any rivalry! :p

Shammmmmmone !!!

yeah am up for this too. I think the supras can bring some harmony between the dark side and the force !! We will be at one for the day!!

Plus should I have my veilside front end on my then!!

As for a boss there aint one !!

Look forward to it !!!!

Originally posted by sean doyle

I think the supras can bring some harmony between the dark side and the force !! We will be at one for the day!!

LOL! I never thought of the Supra as being a peace keeper! :hug: Truely a magnificent car. :D

So it still looks like the 20th July is the best date so far with the following in attendance...

Me

Jive

Sean doyle

Mark Ayling

Scooter

So that's 3 people from Portsmouth, 1 from Southampton and 1 from Guildford. Jive, you need to get more Southampton people along :stickpoke, otherwise you're gonna be out numbered!

OK, in that case I think we'd best finalise the details.

Date: 20th July

Place: The Old Ship, Lee-On-The-Solent

Time: I'll check when they open but I can be there anytime.

For anyone who doesn't know the area I've made up (in the context of producing rather than being fictitious! :p) some maps showing how to get there from the M27. There's one for people comming from the Portsmouth direction and one for those comming from Southampton. There's also a close up of the area showing local road names and alternative places to park should the pub carpark be full.

Portsmouth people...

http://www.mawby.dabsol.co.uk/SupraEvents/Portsmouth.gif

Southampton people...

http://www.mawby.dabsol.co.uk/SupraEvents/Southampton.gif

Local street map...

http://www.mawby.dabsol.co.uk/SupraEvents/Street.gif

I hope this is useful and I look forward to seeing you all there.

Lee

People hopefully attending...

Me

Jive

Sean doyle

Mark Ayling

Scooter

JohnK

Originally posted by Mark Ayling

LMAO :D

I was only joking mate, I have nothing against Scumm..er..Southampton people really :)

:twak: Watchit Mr Ayling :D

Yeah I'm definitely up for this, will be turning up with a hangover no doubt as it's my mates wedding the day before, hair of the dog will be in order.

I'll text p00t as I'm sure he's in the process of moving house and not sure if he's been on here for a while.

*pencils in diary without consulting boss* :innocent:

Originally posted by mawby

Me

Jive

Sean doyle

Mark Ayling

Scooter

JohnK

I only just noticed this thread, I don't usually read the Gatherings and Events cos they're all bleeding miles away and I still don't know what/where "Billing" is.

I'll be there for this one though, add me to the list.

We should go somewhere scenic to take some pics of the group* of Supras.

Needs to be somewhere picturesque . . . Fratton Park maybe? :D

Is this gonna be a Geezers Only thing or can we bring the GFs?

* - What is the collective noun for a bunch of Supras?

Eh bringin GF's along sounds like you have already had your injections of "de-trousering"!!

Just kidding guys, but yeah if they are fit get them to bring their bikini's along then we can do the "thunder (the best one) of supra's" justice with the photos!!

I will just bring my inflatable......shes very flexible !!

I always found the same, loads of meets but never any that close to me. So I thought to myself, why not organise one. So I did! :D And besides, I've been off work all week ill and I was desperate to find something to do to stop me going mad... :looney:

As for somewhere scenic and picturesque, I totally agree. :gallery: There are several very scenic car parks along the coast ideal for taking some pics, the only draw back this time of year is they charge to get in to some of them, but it's hardly anything.

Yep, I see no problem with gf's comming.... hehehe (sorry) :innocent: I'll be bringing mine if shes not working. If they like nice cars then they'll enjoy it as much as the rest of us, and you can even try and score some brownie points by saying your taking her out for a nice Sunday meal! :cool: Ummm.. a car park full of Supras... Supras full of gorgeous bikini clad babes! I'll have to make sure my digi camara is fully charged! :D

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

Guys, I was going to do this one, but your date stuffs me up, you didnt really need to know this but I am hoping that you'll now feel bad......:p ;)

You'll just have to rearrange whatever else you had planned for that day! :p

Me

Jive

Sean doyle

Mark Ayling

Scooter

JohnK

dunk657

I will come on the 20th

if im back form silverstone the British GP is on that weekend and I have a free ticket for friday

it would be better in june or august as july is very packed

with france 12/13 and billing 25 to 27 billing is in northampton if you have a supra you should go as there are 92 supras going so far

I think a local meet is a very good idea a should be done regular every 4 to 6 weeks