The mkiv Supra Owners Club

fmic question

boromfccup

That guy seems to have a lot of BL stuff for sale. I bought a BL exhaust pipe from him before Xmas, but its not been delivered yet. From his emails he seems like a genuine guy, but I'll let you know how things go as i've been waiting over 2 weeks for him to ship it...

BTW, you'll also need a smaller expension tank (I think a corrolla and many other small car ones can be made to fit). You may also need a new pipe for the PAS cooler (Though some find the stock one still fits).

Thats cool, if he's local to you and willing to let people pick up he's going to honest :) He charegd £50 delievery on the pipe, but thats probably about right.

TBH I'd never heard of BL making an IC until now, but you can bet its going to be a good bit of kit.

I believe that the intercooler is ONLY for an NA-T conversion:

http://www.boostlogic.com/parts/supraNA/info_supraNA_FMICkit.html

Which would mean, if I'm not mistaken, that some of the pipes wouldn't fit a TT application.

so can you confirm the TT needs 3 1/2 inch pipes for a FMIC? This is what I've been led to believe from other FMIC's for sale :search:

The ebay fmic I have is 2.5" from turbo to IC, then 3 or 3.5" to the TB (not sure which)

The BL intercooler should fit, and is rated to 750bhp so shouldn't pose too much of a problem - you'll need some different pipework for the routing and connecting though. The core itself would be fine.

Engineered end tanks, my arse. It's a cheap Chinese one like the rest of the ones on ebay. They work and they look okay, but you get what you pay for (and this is coming from someone who has a cheap ebay one!)

And from what I can tell from previous threads and word of mouth, the seller (Ultimate Velcoity) is a pillock.

Engineered end tanks, my arse. It's a cheap Chinese one like the rest of the ones on ebay. They work and they look okay, but you get what you pay for (and this is coming from someone who has a cheap ebay one!)

And from what I can tell from previous threads and word of mouth, the seller (Ultimate Velcoity) is a pillock.

lol ok, I shall not bother then... *sigh* still on the lookout for a cheapish FMIC :(

What cheap ebay make is yours then? Looked at the XS-Power ones for a similar price, are they any good?

lol ok, I shall not bother then... *sigh* still on the lookout for a cheapish FMIC :(

What cheap ebay make is yours then? Looked at the XS-Power ones for a similar price, are they any good?

Its the same story with all the Chinese ones mate, they're good value for money but none I've seen so far have great cores or end tanks.

My Greddy 3row had over a 3rd more 'rows' in the core (Not sure what they're called!) and the end tanks were over twice the size as the 3 row XS power one I got with an XS power turbo kit.

IMO the best 'quality' VFM are the Greddy and HKS 2 row kits.

Its the same story with all the Chinese ones mate, they're good value for money but none I've seen so far have great cores or end tanks.

My Greddy 3row had over a 3rd more 'rows' in the core (Not sure what they're called!) and the end tanks were over twice the size as the 3 row XS power one I got with an XS power turbo kit.

IMO the best 'quality' VFM are the Greddy and HKS 2 row kits.

So for your needs the XS power one wasn't up to the job, but for somone like me who wants the 'look' and only going BPU would it be suitable?

OR would I be better spending £300-ish on a decent SMIC from one of the traders on here?

So for your needs the XS power one wasn't up to the job, but for somone like me who wants the 'look' and only going BPU would it be suitable?

OR would I be better spending £300-ish on a decent SMIC from one of the traders on here?

To be quite honest the XS power one would be fine on my T67, but it's a compromise on quality.

What you go for really depends on your aim's, if you are happy with BPU then absolutely stick to the side mount, even a small single (T61/PHR stage 1) will be fine on something like the CW one. Bigger than that and it time to look for an fmic.

If you're just after "the look" then the XS ones are absolutely fine to use.