The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone recommend a mechanic in Northern Ireland??

Guest wobblybox

Guest wobblybox

Have an irritating clunk from the front over small bumps (funny its not that bad over big bumps) and on acceleration after braking. I have replaced a wishbone and the anti-roll bar bushes but the clunking is still there. would want to leave it in somewhere with a mechanic who knows what he is doing. getting very frustrated!!

Guest wobblybox
I can't recommend a mechanic in NI, but have you re-torqued all the sub frame bolts? Drop links, top mounts and dampers are other things to check.

Ya see the short story is I am a cabbage when it comes to mechanicing, years of wringing bolts with spanners that didn't fit, skinned knuckles followed by 10 marlboro's and a 3 hour huff are testament to this.

I was under the impression the torques need set with the weight on the car? No ramp suitable.

Other option is leave it in somewhere with the torque settings sheet on the forum and say "do that". Just checking out incase someone knows a wonder mechanic who charges 5 shillings an hour and has a stunning 22 year old blonde daughter.

Guest wobblybox

Would you believe i just found your number 5 seconds ago! (bondango) i'm in Lisburn (dead handy) When can you look at it?

I take you have experience with the "clonk" thing?? searched the threads and theres a fair bit on it. All I want at this stage is the torques all set.

Guest wobblybox
Most of the time your looking at a bush, drop link, sometimes a topmount or even a shagged shocker can cause a knock or clunk. If you PM me your number will get you in mid-week if that suits??

pm sent