The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sextons Thank you

Robbie

A big thank you to :) Matt and everyone at Sextons for the work carried out on my car over the Christmas period

I've had the trac pump and associated gubbins removed.

The battery relocated to the boot along with the washer bottle.

A new Jun style plenum fitted,(ebay purchase £305 inc. postage), which needed some work on it to make the injectors and the gasket fit.

Fitment of a 90mm throttle body and fabrication work on some inlet pipes. 70 US Dollars.

A new throttle cable and bracket.

The oil and tranny cooler moved a little.

New HID's. (group buy)

Lots of wiring mods including some tidying of existing wires.

Fitment of a vacuum pipe to the intake pipe on the turbo, via the catch can.

fitment of a T67.68 AR DBB tubby to replace my oil burner of an t67.81AR turbo.

I'm off to GT ARt on tuesday to get it all running properly again, as all the changes have caused the fueling/ a/f's to be all wrong and the TPS voltages need to be rechecked etc etc ( if only Matt could tune V-pro's)

engine bay 06.JPG

engine bay 07.JPG

A big thank you to :) Matt and everyone at Sextons for the work carried out on my car over the Christmas period

I've had the trac pump and associated gubbins removed.

The battery relocated to the boot along with the washer bottle.

A new Jun style plenum fitted,(ebay purchase £305 inc. postage), which needed some work on it to make the injectors and the gasket fit.

Fitment of a 90mm throttle body and fabrication work on some inlet pipes. 70 US Dollars.

A new throttle cable and bracket.

The oil and tranny cooler moved a little.

New HID's. (group buy)

Lots of wiring mods including some tidying of existing wires.

Fitment of a vacuum pipe to the intake pipe on the turbo, via the catch can.

fitment of a T67.68 AR DBB tubby to replace my oil burner of an t67.81AR turbo.

I'm off to GT ARt on tuesday to get it all running properly again, as all the changes have caused the fueling/ a/f's to be all wrong and the TPS voltages need to be rechecked etc etc ( if only Matt could tune V-pro's)

Robbie, There is a cheaper option then GT Art mate, providing GTart are not anal about releasing the unlock code for your Fcon, you could have Dan from Turbofit map the car for you. He just recently did my Motec and I have to say it has been the best map job that I have had done in a LONG time and also the cheapest.

You should give him a bell mate it will save you quite a bit.

Here is his site

http://www.jikan.co.uk/

Hi JaMoCo.

Sorry but these are the only photos I've got for the moment.

We manged to use old piping for the moment with an 80-90 mm adapter hose at the throttle body.

The old washer bottle had to be ditched and one from a ford capri placed in the boot. Wiring and piping had to be made up for this.

The fusebox was relocated but had to have a little piece removed at its base to make it fit+ brackets made up.

The injector holes were too small so had to be enlarged a little and the gasket on the runners needed to be matched up too

The throttle cable was from a civic as it needed to be longer.

All the injector wires needed to be extended.

I'm sure Mat will help out here as there were other complications too. All in all there is a lot of hidden work to get this up and running. If you include the cost of a new sealed batery+ wiring at fitmet into the build up ....£$$$$£££ keep adding up.

If your pretty handy and have time, tools and somewhere to do the work . then the saving made from the plenum and throttle make the work worth while.... I think/hope:d

providing GTart are not anal about releasing the unlock code for your Fcon,

They are, and as an authorised HKS dealer they can. I was in exactly the same position, had to decide whether to use gt-art forever or change ecu early on. I refuse to be held ransom and so now run AEM ;)

Looks good though Robbie, looking forward to seeing this at the pod :)

Hi Gamer. Thanks for the info. Its a difficult one for me this as I have had a good amount help from Gary in the past, and so will stay loyal for now. Cost is an issue for me so if it look like a lot of money I shall reconsider I Think I'm going to go this time and see it out but in the future it..... :sly:

Hi there.Wkdtime.

I haven't really had a chance to test it properly yet. Also there are a lot of things that have been changed, all contributing to a different fee,l but the .68 dbb definitly hits positive boost much faster than my old t67 .81 setup.:D I'm running on the wastegate (.97bar) until its been tuned.