The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BHP guess

Guest EncoreWRC

Guest EncoreWRC

I had my supra rolling roaded when it was standard with 321bhp to the fly.

Since then I have fitted

TurboTimer(no power gains but I fitted it!!!)

HKS Super Drager

HKS induction kit

Blitz FCD

Walbro Fuel Pump

RPS Max 6 clutch

Fidenza Lightened Fly Wheel

Lightened CranK pulley and pulley kit

and being fitted before my next RR with be my HKS Type S intercooler and a TDI pipework kit and my F-Con V pro (gold) which will be mapped.

With you guys having been there and done it, what power should I be expecting?

Cheers

I think you'll find something in the region of 20-25 BHP from changing the exhaust and the flywheel etc.

But you'll find you'll be able to get relatively large gains from mapping the F-CON. Especially if you're stock at the moment and you're going to map it up to 18psi or so. With the intercooler, I could see you certainly knocking on the door of a 50-70BHP gain, or even more.

Personally though, and you've probably heard this a million times already and made your mind up, I wouldn't fit the lightened flywheel pulley or induction. There's lots of arguements for and against the former, I just question very much if the "potential risk" is worth, what I perceive to be a small gain. (I wouldn't have thought you would see more than a couple to 5BHP gain out of it max.) I'm sure you've read all there is to read about induction kits though.

Guest EncoreWRC

Abbey Motorsport have suggested a 40 - 50bhp from the ecu map, and with other mods reckon I will be running about 420bhp. I have been told that with a decat, BC and larger injectors and fuel rail they could work to nearly 500 with high boost.

Abbey Motorsport have suggested a 40 - 50bhp from the ecu map, and with other mods reckon I will be running about 420bhp. I have been told that with a decat, BC and larger injectors and fuel rail they could work to nearly 500 with high boost.

420 with both cats in? :innocent:

500? Thats tough to get to on the sequntial setup. You may realistically need Hybrids and cams. Then probably 450...

IMHO

Guest EncoreWRC

Ah sorry - forgot that bit, the both the cats would need to be removed. Been assured of the 470 - 500bhp on standard tubbies. That would obviously be with the cams and gears etc. They mentioned something else too but cant think of it at the mo. I can only go on the info I have been told.

Ah sorry - forgot that bit, the both the cats would need to be removed. Been assured of the 470 - 500bhp on standard tubbies. That would obviously be with the cams and gears etc. They mentioned something else too but cant think of it at the mo. I can only go on the info I have been told.

500 on standard turbos sounds unlikely... :(

But good luck with it :)

Guest EncoreWRC

I am actually thinking the same as you Darren tbh. But they know moe than me.... actually you lot rob know more than me. This is my first Supra and I am still learning about it all.

All advice welcome

I am actually thinking the same as you Darren tbh. But they know moe than me.... actually you lot rob know more than me. This is my first Supra and I am still learning about it all.

All advice welcome

TBH I dont think its worth going to the expense of an ECU remap when still using standard turbos. My spec is a bit more than what you are talking about but I have not fitted an FCon even though I have one in a box in the garage... :)

Get used to driving yours and when you feel the need to go past 1.2 on standard tubbies buy one of the well sorted singles that come up for sale on here from time to time.

Good advice there:

Decat and associated mods...

Run @ 1.2 bar

And enjoy! :)

I think you'll find something in the region of 20-25 BHP from changing the exhaust and the flywheel etc.

But you'll find you'll be able to get relatively large gains from mapping the F-CON. Especially if you're stock at the moment and you're going to map it up to 18psi or so. With the intercooler, I could see you certainly knocking on the door of a 50-70BHP gain, or even more.

Personally though, and you've probably heard this a million times already and made your mind up, I wouldn't fit the lightened flywheel pulley or induction. There's lots of arguements for and against the former, I just question very much if the "potential risk" is worth, what I perceive to be a small gain. (I wouldn't have thought you would see more than a couple to 5BHP gain out of it max.) I'm sure you've read all there is to read about induction kits though.

Oh Tony, Tony, don't let me down! You can remove the flywheel and crank damper altogether and you won't see 1 BHP gain. All you are doing is removing inertia, which has exactly ZERO effect on BHP power output. :)

Oh Tony, Tony, don't let me down! You can remove the flywheel and crank damper altogether and you won't see 1 BHP gain. All you are doing is removing inertia, which has exactly ZERO effect on BHP power output. :)

as the man says, the only difference is the throttle response will feel quicker

Could someone explain the differences between the inertia of a flywheel and say loss in bhp of fitting a supercharger or am I getting the wrong end of the stick

inertia is the weight of the mass the engine has to spin so a very heavy flywheel keeps a lot of inertia but is slow to accellerate due to the engine having to wind all the mass up, a light flywheel will accellerate a lot quicker (i am relating to 2 stroke bikes here) a supercharger is nothing to do with inertia it is a parasitic drag on the engine

I'm not sure if I agree. :)

Power is the rate of change of energy.

relating back to 2 stroke days try lightening a fly wheel on a 2 stroke (the principals are all the same) it will make the bike so much more responsive, (and easier to stall at the lights !) miles quicker out of corners but ultimately produce no more top end power