The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rota GTR Alloys

Dragonlady

We are looking to get a set of winter alloys and have come across the Rota GTR's. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of these alloys, and what they look like on the supra? Also how they weathered through winter?

Looking at either gunmetal/ black/ bronze

http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/images/large/RotaGTR.jpg

I was looking at a set of these too. A search will bring up a few pictures already on the forum. I think its a member by the username of shilakdaddy or something similar has them on a black supra and the look the dogs.

Another member also has them on a gunmetal supra,again they look sweet.

Whats your best price,have you had any yet?

I was looking at a set of these too. A search will bring up a few pictures already on the forum. I think its a member by the username of shilakdaddy or something similar has them on a black supra and the look the dogs.

Another member also has them on a gunmetal supra,again they look sweet.

Whats your best price,have you had any yet?

£800 from most places, although I have got a price of £715 from Topgear

If your going to get a set , get them in 9.5 front and rear, as there is a big differance on the spokes

You can now get the Rota Torque in a 9.5x18 et 30 ( a copy of the Work Emotion CR )

I had a set of 9.5x17 et24 Work Emotion CR Kai on my black Supra and made the car look great, my best choice of wheel

Here are the Torque Drift in 9.5x18 et30

http://www.rotarims.ie/Images/NewWheelsSmall/Torque7.jpg

If your going to get a set , get them in 9.5 front and rear, as there is a big differance on the spokes

You can now get the Rota Torque in a 9.5x18 et 30 ( a copy of the Work Emotion CR )

I had a set of 9.5x17 et24 Work Emotion CR Kai on my black Supra and made the car look great, my best choice of wheel

Here are the Toraue Drift in 9.5x18 et30

[qimg]http://www.rotarims.ie/Images/NewWheelsSmall/Torque7.jpg[/qimg]

If they look like this red car, i want some!

15160ec.jpg

Not really sure what to say about the wheels... Can't tell you how well they fair through the winter as I have already taken mine off and replaced them with the standard wheels. However I have noticed a couple of downsides to the design:

The centre caps don't fit very well with the spigot rings - hard to explain, but they both fit in the same hole (spigot rings in the back and centre cap at the front) and the centre caps pop out because the spigot rings are in the way. I had to trim down the spigot rings in order to get the centre caps on, which wasn't exactly hard, but still.

When tightening the bolts you have to be very careful not to scratch the paint on the wheel, as the groove for the wheel bolts is very small and catches on the socket.

I'd get offset of +25 at the front. Mine are offset +35 and I think they're a little too far into the arches.

They weigh about 10.5kg per wheel (measured on the bathroom scales, can't remember the exact figure)

I got mine from Envy at a cost of £1400 including a set of Bridgestone S02's.

Hope some of that random information is useful :)

Chris

• 1 month later...