The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alcantra ish Cover Dash, Pics :)

Ric

Hi guys.

Using ahem markrz ahem for inspiration i decicded to give my dash a covering of the black stuff.

I used some of the faux stuff from ebay as i knew i would probably mess somthing up so i didnt want to spend a fortune on the materials.

The ebay link for the stuff i used is http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300065082891

You will only need 1 metre £9.99

I suggest u try either the 3m contact adhesive mark recommended but i couldnt find any so i used Impact contact adhesive which i think was made by unibond.

This isnt a job for the fainthearted it was very very difficult. Mine has a few blemishes as the material wasnt that easy to stretch but they are hardly noticable :)

A picture is attached of one picture ill get a fitted one later

Makes a nice alternative to painting :)

Ric.

DSCF0929.JPG

DSCF0930.JPG

DSCF0931.JPG

Hi guys.

Using ahem markrz ahem for inspiration .........

This isnt a job for the fainthearted it was very very difficult. Mine has a few blemishes as the material wasnt that easy to stretch but they are hardly noticable :)

Ric.

Copy cat :D

I think that where the difference in price lays then mate - the material properties - Alcantara is easy to work with and form with some heat :)

Looks like a good job from what I can see in your pics :o) well done

Looks like there are going to be loads of copies of this then, I know I'm going to, lol, did you apply the glue right onto the rubber stuff, or did you sand that of first?

Guest CoolsBlue

very nice mate! so is this easy to shape ans stretch? as in around the egnition surround? how did you do that part? did it shape easily, i might give this a go...

now all you need is the two ali control knobs for the heater controls .btw looks good and different i might go this way myself :D

I'm doing another batch of the Ali control knobs soon plus one for the dimmer, I can do some to match the stereo if you like :)

Paul

ooo sounds interesting ;)

The fake stuff ive used does have some stretch in it when heated. ive not played with the real mccoy so i cant really say which stretches best, but im happy with the result :)

The ignition barrel part was the hardest part. U would have thought the bends around the auto lever would be the hardest but they where nothing in comparison :(

• 3 years later...