The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbofit Excellence

Jonty

BIG Thanks to Sam, Greg and the TurboFit Mechanics "A team" and Dan the Dynamic Mapper;) Just got back from collecting my T78 Sup from Turbofit and I just wanted to let everyone know what a great job they did on the installation of the AEM ECU, MOT, Trouble shooting on eratic boost as well as a few other things. I am delighted with the work done and customer service. Having had some recent very poor expensive expereinces my confidence has been restored by a business who does what it says on the can and delivers in spades :D :cool:

As an example of their speedy fault finding Dan (Mapper) and Greg worked out really quickly together that based on the dyno sheet that the eratic boost was a) caused by waste gate chatter or b) Exhaust cam needing adjustment and map refinement to smooth boost curve. Answer was B not in 3 days and £2K of expensive fault finding - how about 10mins! They made all the required adjustments and Wow what a difference to the driveability of the car!!!!:D Recently at a Sup meet last week (Sherburn) I spoke to a number of folks feeling very dissapointed with service/tuning expereince/rip-off/ scams..I can really relate to this frustration been there got tee shirt - can honestly say light at the end of the tunnel - give Sam a ring and see what she can do for you "because you're worth it";)

Turbofit & Dan between them have a depth of working knowldge and straight up expereince on the Sup which translates into expertise being transfered into your car. It's the difference that makes the difference. A refeshing change in shark invested waters - I've found tuning mecca!

I would also like to thank Dan the mapper for the excellent job that he did mapping my car, having had a recent major engine rebuild she runs better then she has ever run since I have had her. Normally I would get 200 miles per tank of V-Power running 700 bhp - now nearly 300 miles after Dans Wizardry - bloody marvellous :D

"Dan really knows his stuff and I am happy to say that I now have a tuner that I can trust and that I know will not rake me over the coals". Gamer AGREED 100%

Dan thanks for the :cool: James Bond Switches in the glove box and arming switches for the race fuel and Nitros. Special effects caused a sensation in Leeds on the way home! Are you sure we achieved 215 Leptons on the dyno:eyebrows:

Dean you will be dead impressed when you get your car back and have had all your goodies fitted:)

Finally Sam, thanks for the excellent bling which I can't wait to show off at Ace - someone has to compete with Jamie. Greg for fixing the Alpine eletrical supply and the donation of bulb from your racing car. The supply of teas / coffees. The use of Gregs car as an office so I could make phone calls. Jamie P for his reco's and inspiration in keeping me going through periods of the DARK FORCE and Jason for the kind lift to Turbofit Cheers Jonty

Looking forward to Stage 2 development - briefing on it way:d

Supra-T78.JPG

i was there yesterday with a couple of members for a few hours changing my wheels and interiour, big thanks to turbofit for supplying me with the tools to do the job, and tea to keep me going, and a mechanic to keep me on the straight and narrow;) oh and thanks for the chips pete:D

Sorry, bit OT but Jonty - you own a helicopter? :blink:

What do you do for a living? :respekt:

That is the helicpoter I fly - however it isn't mine but my mates:d

about 200K worth - new engine 100K! cant afford this yet aspirational goal....good mate! been flying about 7 years - great machine, been all over UK.

As for my job I run a management development company.

As for my Turbofit comments all I can say is that I have had mixed fortunes in tuning. Some have been very disappointing and costly. It's great to meet a bunch of folks who made a difference and delivered-I'm on extacy-try a Turbofit pill they are great:d

Cheers - see you at Ace

Br Jonty

I have expereinced the famous Turbofit loo too! Bit like the Dr's Tardis, although I didn't meet "Am I bothered" in there - It would appear the team are on something - race fuel fumes perhaps[GRIN][/GRIN] Greg's drag car doubles as my office. Best bit was trying to draw their attention to resuce me as I couldn't find the handle to get out and no one could see me through Greg's privacy glass windows (perhaps Greg is very famous VP drag man or something):D

Jonty

Can't wait to hear what it sounds like! Will be excellent! Are u ordering exhaust bung as well from Greg for track events etc..?

Really looking forward to Ace meet Cheers Jonty - Yep i have spent some more! Whoops!:rolleyes: Perhaps you should get Dan to map your AEM for Race Fuel also? - he has the technology:d

Race fuel me thinks not!! it should be running a lot better when all mapped up what with the fueling changes and so on but not looking for more power, afraid the auto box would give up on me

Have asked for the flames to be mapped, was worth it just to see my girlfriends face when I told her

Greg is geting in a pro to fit the 3 DVD screens tomorrow as he did not fancy the job too much (cant blame him), the starter button in the roof lining will go in then to I guess, cant wait to get it back