The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerotop

Guest CoolsBlue

Guest CoolsBlue

hi all, didnt want to post in wanted as i dont want one now, but how much do aero tops go for, anyone list price + specs, pics if possible just want to see what i can get and how much for.

If you pick up an aerotop for 4.5k-5.5k tell me too as I will have one, iirc and please correct me if I am wrong but they retail £7k+ unless someone is really needing the sale.

I must admit that after 3 months of trying to get a bargain aero top to my spec, I am on the verge of giving up and getting a coup instead.

I have viewed 4 in this time, 3 were ropey, rusted etc and one was clocked (alledgedly). There are some around 6k for a NA but they don't look much better imo!!

H.

Guest CoolsBlue
Oh I see.

You know it didn't make sense, right?

oh lol, dont care....:)

I must admit that after 3 months of trying to get a bargain aero top to my spec, I am on the verge of giving up and getting a coup instead.

I have viewed 4 in this time, 3 were ropey, rusted etc and one was clocked (alledgedly). There are some around 6k for a NA but they don't look much better imo!!

H.

thats to your spec though, meaning you want a certain year,miles, interior etc? im not bothered about that

thats to your spec though, meaning you want a certain year,miles, interior etc? im not bothered about that

So why not post in the wanted to section.

WANTED:- Dog of a aerotop supra wanted, any condition as long as it is cheap! :D

I know when I buy a second hand car I want the best for my money. Look mate if you go cheap it can work out dearer than being a tight arse, believe me I know!!! Spending a few hundred extra can save you even more.

Disclaimer:- My present Supra excluded lol, that was my stupid fault.

Yes, I must admit that I am a bit of a "cake and eat it" man at times.!!!

Still there are a lot of unrealistic sellers out there too.!!

H.

I paid £7.5k for my Aerotop end of Nov had pretty good spec, average mileage and untampered engine so met my demands.

Thats a TT though so guessing slightly higher than a N/A would be.

This is as it was when I bought it Nov 30th (the square on the roof wasn't there just a pic I used for selling the roof spoiler)

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/andyibiza/roofspoilerforsale2.jpg

Guest CoolsBlue

so whats the deal with a few supras gone up for sale lately on the forum? 4.5 k and 1 or 2 on auto trader...and shaffs bronze supra??!!??:D

Aerotop prices definitely vary quite a lot by availability, mileage, year and location. I paid way over the odds in November for an NA Aerotop (£9k) - but it is in glorious condition, is facelift (am lead to believe this is pretty rare for an Aerotop), only 50k on the clock and a recent-ish model (1996). Oh and in Scotland, which saved flying South every weekend trying to hunt down a bargain...

I'd have thought 7k to 7.5k should get you a decent model (maybe even turbo) down South. There are a few on AutoTrader at the moment which look reasonable if they are in your vicinity.

Good luck!