michael

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest blueangel

The bugattis in front because as much as i love supes thats where it belongs im afraid. The veyron is an absolute testament to prec ision engineering and gorgeous to boot.

Guest dee_rz

Can anyone translate ?? what is the outcome and what did they do to compare etc have to say the jun supra is also precsion engineering and gorgeous to boot, and also didn't alot of people comment on here that a supra could never get above 200mph when that black one got 211.1mph verified vbox mph warrented it has about 850bhp thats awesome :cool:

A guy from Option appeared on Supraforums and gave a brief summary of the story, I pasted it into a text doc and attached it above, post 2.

From the same thread re top speeds:

Originally Posted by KenHenderson

FWIW, the HKS black Supra, completely stock bodied except for the HKS carbon fiber lip went 214 mph a long time ago and Esprit had a Supra that reportedly went 217 mph around the same time. Neither of these cars came close to making the kind of power big power MKIVs are making today. When you look at the ease with which Tommy Banh went 201 mph, going from 80-204 mph (AEM log) in less than 1/2 mile of the TX Mile, and leaving a lot on the table, a properly set-up MKIV will go quite a bit better than 210 mph. Peter on this board recently went 225 mph in a MKIV making less than 1000 wheel.

Only on SF would 210 mph be considered ho-hum, although it's not.

Guest blueangel

yeah supes look fantastic and go like stink but the best 1s are made as good as they are after they left the factory, the veyron was built to look and go like it does

A guy from Option appeared on Supraforums and gave a brief summary of the story, I pasted it into a text doc and attached it above, post 2.

From the same thread re top speeds:

WOW - that is impressive......would be nice to see what big-powered supras can do today.

Agreed Veyron is a feat of engineering.

Guest dee_rz

hence it's near millon pound price tag :D i totally agree with you don't worry and i know what your saying but most of us if not all of us can only dream :tongue: hence why i love and respect the more affordable jap supercars.

The veyron is an absolute testament to prec ision engineering and gorgeous to boot.

Till the "eye spy" camera people catch one on the back of a recovery truck.

I love the Veyron and in my dreams of winning the lottery (Euromillions) I would buy one straight away, sod the house.

Guest dee_rz

It was a while back about a year or so, that point was brought up and i didn't question it and just read the thread.

anyway just read the attached article with summary of write in english :cool: :) Thanks the outcome was always going to be as i thought but very impressed non the less :)

Till the "eye spy" camera people catch one on the back of a recovery truck.

I love the Veyron and in my dreams of winning the lottery (Euromillions) I would buy one straight away, sod the house.

With only 50 made and all sold by VW, perhaps they are worth a lot more than a Million and hence sold for more too ;)

With only 50 made and all sold by VW, perhaps they are worth a lot more than a Million and hence sold for more too ;)

With a Euromillions win, do you honestly think a few extra 100k will make a difference, by time paper work goes through and you get it delivered etc, your offshore bank account woudl have made it back in interest.

Plus you never know I might be waiting for the 1250 bhp version due out.

With a Euromillions win, do you honestly think a few extra 100k will make a difference, by time paper work goes through and you get it delivered etc, your offshore bank account woudl have made it back in interest.

Plus you never know I might be waiting for the 1250 bhp version due out.

I better start massaging your ego so that you can buy me a PHR DBB Single Turbo @ full whack :D

Now you know he won't sell if it is going to you, or is the kit you are on about a different one?

Sod him...he showed his true colours.....not a professional at all and I wouldn't trust him at all anymore.

i'm talking about you buying one (or two just to be on the safe side) from another trader when you win the lottery for me :D

ONLY in the UK is the 200 mph barrier deemed impossible.

Crap like "massive frontal area", "poor aerodynamics" , "front end lift" etc are spoken by those who would dung themselves to even hit the std 155 limiter. If a std version, delimited, in the USA in 1993 can hit 181mph in a road test (it's in a book I have somewhere) the extra 19mph when BHP is almost tripled isnt that hard.

I have been well wound out in 6th, and i can tell you those Mecs stuttering at 155mph in the other lane of the autobahn are almost a blurr when the Supra is at those revs (18" and UK diff) in 6th.

I like my top end runs :) and Supra's do it so well!

Can anyone translate ?? what is the outcome and what did they do to compare etc have to say the jun supra is also precsion engineering and gorgeous to boot, and also didn't alot of people comment on here that a supra could never get above 200mph when that black one got 211.1mph verified vbox mph warrented it has about 850bhp thats awesome :cool:

Wasn't the speed people scoffed at something like 240mph? Only one did it, the Jun Bonnieville car at 247mph.

I beleive we were talking about 9ff doing 248mph at Nardo at the time ;)