The mkiv Supra Owners Club

very very happy chappy....

Jonny5

[GRIN][/GRIN]

Now completed my single install, just bar a bit more polishing and some heat sheilds to fabricate..

Took it to THOR and Pete did his magic, and she produced very good results, chuffed to bits..;)

Made max of 519 RWHP at near enough 1.2 bar (pink line), by which the injectors are starting to get a bit dry lol..so next on the list lol..

at 1.0 bar approx 470 RWHP (green line) and boost controller off about 410...:cool:

Can't believe what a difference going single makes, it's bloody scary though with the roads being shite at the moment, good old racelogic is doing it's thing though...

pics

dynorwhp.JPG

supe1.JPG

supe2.JPG

supe3.JPG

Looking Nice mate :)

What turbo is that?

it is a SP61, so T61 basically with 0.68 A/R, spools up very early on as commented by Pete, boost builds around 2900rpm and is fully on song around 3700rpm...Certainly quick enough for me at the mo lol..:D

It says Flywheel Power on that graph :conf:

I asked Pete the same question and he says it is wrong on the header and is the actual power at the hubs.

What injectors have you got at the moment?

I got standard Uk ones at the mo..gonna maybe look for a set of 680cc maybe then I will have more of a safety margin and perhaps run a little bit more boost.;)

Nice one matey :thumbs:

The uk manual red single turbo's supra's are the best ;) envys used to be red too ya kno:d

hoping for these sort of figures out of mine too, just finishing my phr t61 install, very similar setup to yours. Sticking with the 550's for a month or so but am planning on putting 720's in mine when i get chance.

What ecu are you using?

Nice one matey :thumbs:

The uk manual red single turbo's supra's are the best ;) envys used to be red too ya kno:d

hoping for these sort of figures out of mine too, just finishing my phr t61 install, very similar setup to yours. Sticking with the 550's for a month or so but am planning on putting 720's in mine when i get chance.

What ecu are you using?

cheers m8, good luck with your project, yeah 720's should be ample, I'm not planning on going any bigger on turbo so I'll look for some 680's I think..;)

cheers Jon

Did Thor do the install & mapping or just the mapping?

No I carried out the install over the last 2 month's, I did'nt buy a kit, just bought various parts and put it all together, alot of fabrication was required with the downpipe, dump pipe, intercooler pipes etc but I really enjoyed doing it..:blink: :D

I wanted the exit from the compressor to be as smooth as possible then went to 3" pipe to the intercooler right through..

It ran very well off the wastegate spring 0.8bar, so I knew it should'nt be too far out on the fueling..

I've got a HKS VPC, coupled to an SAFC 2 to trim it up..Only took an hour with Pete to set it up..followed by a road test..

Obviously it would be an idea to get a stand alone ECU perhaps to tidy the fuel map/timing up a bit, but it will do for now..

cheers Jon

Looks very tidy under the hood, nice work.

A few more bits for polishing required, think I'll wait till it gets warmer lol, cam covers are definatly on the list, years of rain water coming in through the bonnet vent has taken it's toll:rolleyes: :)

I'm gonna hopefully get a shield made up for the turbine itself, and a barrier round by the brake/clutch master cylinders, and finish off by wrapping the downpipe as well

cheers Jon

nice one jon, B*****d you have me beat by 9 horses i thought it would be close but forgot about them cams, awesome mate all we need now is some dry weather

lol..I 'dont think 9 ponies is neither here or there m8, cheers for all your help though, will look forward to the summer and even better if some injectors turn up, so I can crank the boost up just a tad more:innocent: :D

lol..I 'dont think 9 ponies is neither here or there m8, cheers for all your help though, will look forward to the summer and even better if some injectors turn up, so I can crank the boost up just a tad more:innocent: :D

have you spoke to M3 boy yet ;) see you at weekend