The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Ultimate Search

Guest novaessexboy

Guest novaessexboy

Right then guys and gals. I wish to find the Supra 'for me'. It must be UK spec.

As for the rest, lets see what you experts can come up with.

Will have 6000 british pounds available.

Where do i need to look?? And what do i need to look for??

T/ TT/ N/A ??

Auto / Manual ??

Colour - Not too fussed as Dad is a spray painter.

In a rush - No way

Year of car ??

Model of Supra ??

Optional Extras ??

Alarm / Tracker ??

Aero Top ??

Anything else to add to the mixer please advise.

What would you guys do if given 6000 to buy a new motor??

And in advance I would like to thank all the owners for their advice and help.

Tommo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That rules out the UK spec bit then.

Not if you want a UK car, there were never any UK N/A's made.

So back to TT then, yea??

no, you pay a more for for TT, and even more for a UK, so your only option is JSPEC (Jap land) and an N/A.

Maybe something with a bit of damage and high milage (if your days a sprayer?) if you want the UK TT

Guest novaessexboy

Username has been my MSN/Hotmail account for years. I had a 2 litre converted Vauxhall Nova GSI and used the MIGWEB forums. The username kinda stuck and is still used now out of habbit more than anything else really. Plus I turn 25 nxt week and the memory is ever depleting, lol.

If you are tied to 6k and wont have a lot of money to throw at it then I would go for a late 97/98 imported N/A this will be the facelift model. You will be able to pick a nice example up for that kind of money and will be very reliable the only drawback may be the insurance, it is just as expensive to insure the N/A as it is a TT so make sure you get a quote first

Guest novaessexboy

Back up money shouldnt be a problem. Just hit target at work, Sony, and getting a bonus. Plus I work as a curtain/blind maker for Mums business. All going well on the blind making front, the maintainence souldnt be a problem, fingers crossed.

First off, insurance with our club insurance Sky is very competitive and they don't care if the car's UK/NA/Jspec TT.

If you're 25 I can't see there being a huge difference between UK and Jspec - unless of course you've some serious past motoring convictions.

As for budget, £6k will get you a nice Jspec auto TT. Mine just sold for less than that and it was immaculate. take a look in our For Sale section on here - there's a nice black auto TT in there for around £6k with a few extras.

link

Guest novaessexboy

All quotes that I have had so far come out the same, regardless of spec/model. Strange, but true. 1395 pounds Works out to 120 per month, which is only 20 more per month than my nova gsi, however the imported models bump it up to the 2 grand mark. And I just dont want to spend that much.

Imo I think you need to keep saving, give it a few months and you'll be in a much better postion allround, 6k won't get you a great supra especially if it's a uk, 8k will and as Michael said, you'll want another 2k on standby just incase,honestly dont rush, you'll only kick yourself in the end if you do :)

btw feel free to pm when looking at a car in the local area, will gladly help.

Guest novaessexboy

Thanx Conrad, nice Avatar by the way, lol.

I will check out the club insurer, If JSpec insurance price can be lower, then maybe my search can widen.

Guest novaessexboy

The main reason for all the questions and trying to find out what could be better for me than not. Is because my Dads firm will go out find the exact car that I am looking for. No questions asked. I just have to provide them with the Make, Model, Spec, Colour, Mileage, etc,etc. They will find the car, transport it and even buy it, then I just pay the firm back. They will even stump up finance if i wish to take it. So this search is for me to narrow down what I could get, and then pass on to them. Hope that makes sense, somehow, lol.