The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spare Wheel Dilemma

Rico2006

So tyre weld it is.

I purchased the Rims from Ebay. No idea if it was a good price or not, but they were in stock, with tyres and very shiny. They also suit the drift look i was going for ( or as some call it, the Taxicab look )

I certainly wouldnt risk repairing a tyre. its a false economy when playing for your life.

unless the spare is rock hard the rolling radius will be way out, you can just about get away on 18" with the 17" spare but not recommended but with 19"

Sorry but that's completely wrong. The diameter of the wheel makes no difference to the rolling radius if the correct size tyres are fitted to the new wheels. Also, whether the spare has the correct pressure or is 'rock hard' makes no odds to the rolling radius.