The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all

Guest JamesAE86

Guest JamesAE86

I'm James from Ireland, I've an AE86

http://www.driftworks.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25843

and a mk3 Supra turbo for track drift

http://www.driftworks.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=13671

I'm looking at getting a mk4 Supra as a daily driver, probably an NA manual to keep running costs down. I do about 250miles a week and I wouldn't be driving it hard at all, and it would be well looked after. What kind of mpg are people getting? what are running costs like - service, parts etc.? thanks

Welcome to the club mate. I'm getting anything from 16mpg to about 24mpg from my TT Supra depending on how I drive it! Given how reliable they are as a general rule, costs aren't as high as I'd've expected. That said, I've had mine for a few weeks so there hasn't been time for anything to go wrong! There's loads of info on here on just about every topic too if you can find it!

Guest JamesAE86

just spent a while there reading mpg stories, hasn't put me off thankfully. one issue im thinking is fuel type - I can't really run our Irish 95 on a sz NA Jap import can I? it needs octane booster right?

just spent a while there reading mpg stories, hasn't put me off thankfully. one issue im thinking is fuel type - I can't really run our Irish 95 on a sz NA Jap import can I? it needs octane booster right?

Nope, the 95 will be fine for the NA car. It is normally the TT that you would need the higher octane rating.

Welcome.

I have a 96 NA unmoded and I get between 22 25 normal driving and about 30 on a good long un-pushed run. If you play (even in a NA) that obviously drops a wee bit. Servicing can be a bit expensive but you can do the simple stuff yourself and a garage to do the squidgy bits. Tyres can be a bit expensive but you dont realy have to spend money on much else.