The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alpine head unit

hogmaw

it's an Alpine mate. it is the dogs and i've never used a better head unit. my last three have all been alpines.

one thing i would say is that if you are going to use it with an ipod then go for the 9850Ri instead as it doesn't need an interface, it's just a direct ipod link.

cheers

ian

Great sound , but they're not easy to set up properly, they're far too complicated . I gave up!

No simple bass and treble controls.

After doing a little research I found this was a common problem.

My slightly older Alpine unit is great, so easy to adjust.

Great sound , but they're not easy to set up properly, they're far too complicated . I gave up!

No simple bass and treble controls.

After doing a little research I found this was a common problem.

My slightly older Alpine unit is great, so easy to adjust.

i havent got a clue how to set up a headunit anyway:( I just bought a pioneer DEH-P80, it won't be here till tomorrow so dont know what it is like but it looks nice :D

Question

I have the older high powered 4x60W RMS Powered Alpine Headunit and it sounds awesome.

the newer ones tend to have a less powered amp / having said that, if one were using a stand alone amp then that wouldnt matter, right.

nice one Maz, i've put pics of mine in the multimedia section here. looks cool fitted :cool:

The 9850RI is on sale in halfords at the moment for £199

might get it even cheaper online now mate as i bought mine for that price six months ago.

piss easy to set up as well if you ask me. all of mine HAVE had basic bass and treble controls.

nice one Maz, i've put pics of mine in the multimedia section here. looks cool fitted :cool:

might get it even cheaper online now mate as i bought mine for that price six months ago.

piss easy to set up as well if you ask me. all of mine HAVE had basic bass and treble controls.

looks good cant wait to fit mine. just a quick q - how did you route the cable into the arm rest glove box? did you have to make a hole into it to pull it through?

looks good cant wait to fit mine. just a quick q - how did you route the cable into the arm rest glove box? did you have to make a hole into it to pull it through?

yes mate. just took my cordless drill to it :D

just needs a whole about half an inch or so in diameter. piss easy to route through as you'll have removed the gear surround etc anyway to fit it.

:)

not sure if they've changed but i think with Alpines even when playing cd's the arial is up............just mentioning it as it bothers some people...........

This is usually due to the TA signal or the feature which tracks radio stations and changes frequency to keep it. My Sony keeps the aerial up with either of these features enabled.

slightly off topic, but when I bought the car it came with an Alpine fitted, I quite liked the sound quality but I was concerned by how hot the unit seemed to get so swapped it out for the Sony CDP-MP30 that I had already. Is this a common "feature" with Alpine headunits ?

Mike

yes mate. just took my cordless drill to it :D

just needs a whole about half an inch or so in diameter. piss easy to route through as you'll have removed the gear surround etc anyway to fit it.

:)

may be worth giving that a go then. i was going to put it in the lower glove box at first.