The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Full Single Turbo Install

michel lane

As everyone remembers, i have some time free during march 2007. I provided a post to offer my services as a enthusiast to do a single turbo conversion for a candidate. I had various members contact me and thank you for all your enquires. After going through the selection process i had decided on 1 candidate.

WKDTIME has agreed to accept my proposal. Please remember I am not a garage, I purely do this as a hobby. This thread will document the procurement and install of all the parts. I have stated to ADNAN about my responsibility towards this project. This project is to provide a single turbo conversion capable of 550hp, which is my goal for a reliable daily driver. Futher power gains would be achieved on ADNAN discretion.

Warranty of work – This would be a topic that many people out there would address and have various views upon. After each section of the install is done , there will be photographic proof on the condition of work that has been carried out. Please remember many people have different views on ways to install various parts, the install process is based on my knowledge and understanding of these parts, they may be different to yours. As we have agreed Adnan and myself, I can provide a warranty on the quality of work. If parts fail within the first 6 months I can get them replaced or repaired. However as with all single conversions, there must be attention spent on running the cars correctly . e.g regular oil change / regular servicing of all perishable parts/ monitoring of AFR / ETG readings etc …

All moving parts for this project has been purchased , NEW . If a part was used or second hand I will identify this. Tuning of the car be be carried out via a RR ROAD, using a MAP ecu . There is AFR (wideband)/ ETG gauges for monitoring. I will only tune the car to the safe limits of 550hp. Yes the setup can be increased to about 700hp , but I will not undertake this.

Parts such as the turbo will carry the warranty of the manufactures, the same as the inejctors. I can only warranty the condition of work carried out. This has been agreed.

Iam to provide :

TURBO KIT

FUEL SYSTEM

FUEL COMPUTER

Rolling road printout.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be using the MAP ecu for this , using the stock ignition map will get me the 550hp that iam after. At the moment there are other areas that Adnan has to think about :

1:clutch - he is running stock at the moment

2:cams

I should get the target amount running 1.4-1.5bar.

Fuel system :

TWIN PUMPS

aeromotive FPR

HKS type fuel rail

880cc / 680cc injectors , not sure which ones at the moment , these are dephi units (new)

Fuel lines are all presure tested.

Small fuel meter.

relays etc...

Turbo kit:

SP manifold

HKS wastegate 50mm

4 inch KN filter

4 inch dp/mp

BL oil lines

4 inch intake pipe.

please remember these are all new units unless stated

All set up now for an SP T67 conversion which will be carried out my Michel Lane following his previous thread.

We both decided that the whole installation will be documented and photo'd for the club, this will also ensure that neither of us will let each other down as everything will be seen by everyone.

Michel Lane,

As everyone remembers, i have some time free during march 2007. I provided a post to offer my services as a enthusiast to do a single turbo conversion for a candidate. I had various members contact me and thank you for all your enquires. After going through the selection process i had decided on 1 candidate.

WKDTIME has agreed to accept my proposal. Please remember I am not a garage, I purely do this as a hobby. This thread will document the procurement and install of all the parts. I have stated to ADNAN about my responsibility towards this project. This project is to provide a single turbo conversion capable of 550hp, which is my goal for a reliable daily driver. Futher power gains would be achieved on ADNAN discretion.

Warranty of work – This would be a topic that many people out there would address and have various views upon. After each section of the install is done , there will be photographic proof on the condition of work that has been carried out. Please remember many people have different views on ways to install various parts, the install process is based on my knowledge and understanding of these parts, they may be different to yours. As we have agreed Adnan and myself, I can provide a warranty on the quality of work. If parts fail within the first 6 months I can get them replaced or repaired. However as with all single conversions, there must be attention spent on running the cars correctly . e.g regular oil change / regular servicing of all perishable parts/ monitoring of AFR / ETG readings etc …

All moving parts for this project has been purchased , NEW . If a part was used or second hand I will identify this. Tuning of the car be be carried out via a RR ROAD, using a MAP ecu . There is AFR (wideband)/ ETG gauges for monitoring. I will only tune the car to the safe limits of 550hp. Yes the setup can be increased to about 700hp , but I will not undertake this.

Parts such as the turbo will carry the warranty of the manufactures, the same as the inejctors. I can only warranty the condition of work carried out. This has been agreed.

Iam to provide :

TURBO KIT

FUEL SYSTEM

FUEL COMPUTER

Rolling road printout

Your right about the cams,

Ill get them at a later date, besides i always change up at 6k rpm:D

haha very true i never really had a massive issue with it and mine made over 600

you will love the a/r full boost comes in so early and really hard up through the gears i used to spank everything

downside you tend to be on boost all the time near enough so makes the car very very juicy...............but who cares:d