The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why Supras gone pricier over the last year in Japan?

Mas

I noticed Supra TT6 is gone higher in price in the Japanese auctions!!

Ive imported my own supra and my few last cars in the past, when I was in the Jap market for a supra a Grade 4 was about 1,200,000 JPY and now a high milage grade 3.5 costs well over 1,400,000?!!!

any idea why ?

I had noticed this too tbh - it seems to me the ones being offered to us as imports are more expensive than what's already over here.

It used to be that importing was a great way to save cash, but imo that's not the case anymore. There's so many Sup's over here now that their value is coming down fast.

Again imo, I don't see any real gain in importing a car for yourself anymore.

so we didnt lose out this time with spending all our money buying a car (supra)

I brought mine from Japan myself last year and cost me 1,150,000 JPY (£5700 at the time when exchanged) Grade 4 and 50K miles and nearly full Jap service history.

was checking the prices and noticed if I was going to buy something like mine now would cost me well over 1.5m JPY!!!

and if yous dont belive me have a look here 96 tt 6 speed in white ....£10,300 just to buy the car without de-reg and docking it in japan..

but these are low miles and top quality

Jurgen, it doesnt seem has effected the RX7 prices though?!!! or the S14,15's?!!

their prices not much different really!

Jurgen, it doesnt seem has effected the RX7 prices though?!!! or the S14,15's?!!

their prices not much different really!

tbh mate rx7 are expensive if you buy good ones this is a modded one for well ove 4 mill and also attached few standard ones 1.3 mill plus .

auctions are a bit cheaper, tbh you get what you pay for japans prices have maybe gone up a lot for supras and the modded rx7 have shot up.,, with the standard cars hovering about 8k to uk but this is for really top examples of rx7 in standard ish spec..

the s14 prices are the same as always and the s15 is dropping in price a little due to not many people bringing them in as most are modded and its hard to import very clean standard ones to pass esva, but once they are 10 year old i can see the prices on s15 being the same as they are now

rx71prices.JPG

standard rx7.JPG

I had noticed this too tbh - it seems to me the ones being offered to us as imports are more expensive than what's already over here.

It used to be that importing was a great way to save cash, but imo that's not the case anymore. There's so many Sup's over here now that their value is coming down fast.

Again imo, I don't see any real gain in importing a car for yourself anymore.

So many Supra's here made tacky with awful bodykits, badly fitted and serviced, hard to find nice ones. Street image has gone down to bottom end with so many dogs on the road. It's sad.

In the last year Supra values have died so badly, which means a load of dissapointed owners when trying to sell.

Some patiently wait for vvt-i 98 to import, but when the time comes, the price may too high.

maz if u want me to hunt you a cheap rx7 for drift AT YOUR RISK i can do it but i tend to avoid them but if u want to give me a budget i can show you what is available for your monies ;)

cheers Jurgen

I rother wait and come with more money so I get a clean enough RX as I know how they alike when they not healthy :)

might be looking for a 98ish soon, I let you know when Im ready mate :thumbs:

or what do you think about the V8 conversion for RX7's?

cheers Jurgen

I rother wait and come with more money so I get a clean enough RX as I know how they alike when they not healthy :)

might be looking for a 98ish soon, I let you know when Im ready mate :thumbs:

or what do you think about the V8 conversion for RX7's?

ok mate there is some good threads on mrc about v8 conversions a local guy up here we sourced him an rx7 shell for 2k and he is doing a conversion right now engine was around 4500k to import from america, be nice to see it when he is finished