The mkiv Supra Owners Club

want a tt for 8k

Guest harry potter

Guest harry potter

hi everyone i am new in the club and am looking for a supra tt around 8 k mark.i have never owned a supra before and would appriciate as much help as possible.i dont even know which one to go for a manual or auto.but i am sure that i want a tt.any help will be appriciated.

Hello and :welcome:

If I were you, I would try to get a ride in a few cars first so that you can feel the difference between an NA and a TT. I would then get a ride in an auto and a manual to see which you preferred.

TBH, you are going to get a lot more car for 8k if it is an auto as a manual TT for 8k is very cheap indeed.

Definitely go and take a few of each for a drive and decide for yourself. Don't write off the auto, its very good indeed. You will need to be prepared to pay more for a manual, but your budget might be a bit stretched if you haven't put any by for running costs.

Where abouts in Berkshire are you? It might be worth dropping by the Reading meet later this month, I'm sure you could get a drive in both types. There's also a huge Supra meet at Cafe on Jan 24th.

The next few questions I'd ask yourself:

UK or Import?

UK will be cheaper to insure, but more expensive to buy.

Modified or standard?

Most TT Supras come with a few modifications these days - the mods can add some nice features - extra performance (BPU), better brakes and improved traction control are popular, for example. Mods will tend to add a bit to your insurance premium, but you'll generally get better value buying a modded car rather than a standard one and then getting the modifications done yourself.

Aerotop (convertible) or not?

Aerotops are auto gearbox only, by the way.

And whilst CJ is correct (and obviously knows a lot more about Supra prices and values than us mere mortals) in that you'll get a better Auto than Manual for your money, I personally wouldn't necessarily write off the manual idea. I have a 1993 Import (70k miles) TT Manual, and I'd be surprised if it would fetch much more than 8k as a private sale.

Both auto and manual are good cars, and as everyone else suggests - the best way to find out is to see if you can get a ride in both.

Guest harry potter

thank you all:d

where and when is the meet in reading.as it is round the corner from me i would definately like to go and check out some supras

.also i am thinking modified jap import as my insurance history is good.:search:

CJ,thanks for your advice regarding having a ride in both types(manual and auto).i see you sell supras ,havent you got anything in my budget?

also wher can i find out about my local meets is there a separate thread for it???????