The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hi im new and interesed in a supra

Guest leeatheron

Guest leeatheron

as the titloe says im getting more and more interested in buying a supra, i currently drive a mk4 golf GTI turbo and have been wanting something jap for a while! my thinking is to sell the golf for around £5000 and use the money to buy a supra although im not wanting to spend all of the cash as the missus wants to buy a house so got to start saving.

im 24 with 5 years no claims coming upto 6 in august so if anybody has any ideas of insurance cost that would be great.

ive been reading the forum and have looked at the buying guide and what to look for, i just wondered if you guys can point me in the right direction.

not sure either wheather a auto or manual or a N/A or turbo??? choices, choices??????

Hello and welcome!!!

not sure either wheather a auto or manual or a N/A or turbo??? choices, choices??????

I would recommend the manual TT but I'm pretty sure everyone is happy with their own cars. I am 31 with 3 years NCD (and I had a smash a year ago which was my fault). Sky was the cheapest after looking around and that was less then £750 which I was happy about.:D

Guest leeatheron

yeah thought id be pushing it for a manual for under £5000 just not sure about going from a manual to a auto?

thanks for the advice so far guys!

yeah thought id be pushing it for a manual for under £5000 just not sure about going from a manual to a auto?

thanks for the advice so far guys!

The reason I was going to go for an auto is that is what my other car is (the make is secret however);-) I have always driven Manuals until then but apart from a couple of face against windscreen incidents in the first 5 minutes it was fine. My old man has had auto TT Supras in the past and he loves them. He said you just put your foot down and they just keep going. You just have a bit more contol I find with the manual but either way you'll be happy I'm sure.[COOL][/COOL]

Guest leeatheron

are the na's the bad???????

to be honest im not that bothered about another turbo???? sounds stupid and id no doubt change my mind after driving the two different models! but hey!

Guest Nicholas
You would get a nice manual NA for that, which is ok if you dont mind being overtaken by push bikes:D

Thanks for that Jamie I've been looking for a qulity quote for my sig ;)

Nick.

To be honest I would say think about buying your house first, if you leave it too long with house prices going up you will find it harder and harder to afford to make the first step on the property ladder.

That was my sensible head on, I would say if you are going for a daily driver, go for the NA, plenty of get up and go. If you are going for a weekend car, go for the TT. Whichever you choose people will not know the difference, they both look the same.

In my opinion I think you should look primarily at NAs (and probably just autos) if you're looking to spend

Unless you are extremely fortunate and manage to find a real bargain from an unknowledgable seller in a hurry to sell, a good condition Auto TT should still be setting you back at least £6k, I would have thought - I would be extremely wary of anything priced lower.

btw - for insurance, I'm 32 with 8yrs NCB paying about £450 for a manual TT valued at £8k (Sky insurance)

i have a black n/a manual supra and im 25 with 5 years n/c and i pay £600 fully comp. i may also be selling in the next few months as im buying a house and could do with something wth a bit of boot space etc.....yawn how boring...so if you or any1 is interested drop me a pm

quote:- the missus wants to buy a house so got to start saving.

To be fair m8, a Supra TT would be the last car Id buy if I was thinking of getting a house.

They are very expensive to run even if they dont go wrong.

I have a TT but have a Vectra as a daily driver,I wouldnt have just a soop unless I didnt really need a car, to me its a big toy.

Your call m8, however they are ACE:D :D :d